Deactivated FB. Out of sight, out of mind??

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by stuckinchicago6, Jun 11, 2010.

?

Hv u ever changed yr phone number or deactivated an online account to avoid hurt?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

The internet has become such a main source of stress in my life. As I finish a project this weekend, I could no longer let it take me over so I deactivated my FB. I am not sure if I will reactivate again, but for now, I don't want to worry about who is messaging me and whether or not I should be waiting by the computer. I love the internet, but it also complicates so much. It adds an extra layer of suspicion and BS to relationships. For example: Who really is that friend? Why does he like that picture? Is my relationship status going to change next week for my whole social circle to find out? Will he erase me? Should I erase him first?
    This is all the drama that the internet adds. To not worry and get on with my life, I deactivated. I also blocked this guy from messenger. I just don't want him seeing me on at the moment and I don't want to worry if he is going to message me or if he will reply to my messages. Yesterday, he didn't reply to me. After we were webcamming the night before for like 3 hours. HURT!!! Now, I don't want to be tempted to talk to him so I blocked.

I honestly hate the communication barriers that occur. The game playing. When I was younger, I used to frequently change my cell number especially after break-ups. Usually it wasn't because the guy was stalking my phone, but because I no longer wanted to wait by the phone. I didn't want to be sad over the fact that he was no longer calling me or wonder when it would happen. Out of sight, out of mind.

P.S. I am so happy that this is one forum I can visit without any worries. My real favorite place on the internet ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

sometimes seeking the truth can be more damaging then accepting a lie.

3. stuckinchicago6

That's for sure. It is just better to let some things go.

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I deactivated my FB account too about a week or two ago...to be honest I really don't care...only thing I liked about it was the funny status application...I never played the games, got tired of sending pics and other app stuff...and to be honest, I was rarely there...so deleted it...

through FB I had connections to people of my past, so in deactivating it, I disconnected from them for good...now I have no way of contacting them, of getting hurt by them etc...

I don't miss it one bit...and I was close to deactivate my Myspace account but I sell books through it so...that's the only reason it's still on...but I rarely go there so...

5. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

kind of -i voted yes.,

i screen my calls etc and never have a social network nanyway coz im not social.

doesnt seem like aimee or anyway would contact me tho.

6. stuckinchicago6

I am, tempted to message. I know I shouldn't. I need to finish my reading. Waiting for a response or a bad conversation will ruin my weekend.

7. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I tend to isolate myself from my online life when I get depressed. I've deleted many, many things.

8. 31Flavors

31Flavors Member

I'm trying to delete my fb, but they make you deactivate it for two weeks before they delete it, and i keep signing on because i'm addicted to it @__@. I want them to just delete it already TT_TT

9. frostbitten1997

frostbitten1997 Account Closed

Deactivate?at least FB gives you the option,Here on SF i cant find a way,if i had known that i wouldnt of signed up.

10. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

I voted yes, dont wish to go in to the details

11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I would sign into msn messenger but block everyone. I sometime don't feel like talking at all, but somehow to see my friends online soothes me.

12. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i should have about 3 cellphones, none of them is active or even turned on and last time i used msn was a litle chat with Boo, a couple weeks ago. Besides from that i havent used msn for at least a year. Ashamed to tell people how im doing and what kind of job i currently have (none duhh) and they are better of atm without me anyway.
    Besides from that i told my mother if anyone ever calls her or sees her and will ask about me she should say im in germany, no exeption who or why

13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

never had a facebook or myspace.
    but i understand what you mean.....it is stressful and that's probably why i don't do facebook or myspace. i have very few contacts on msn too.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010