Dealing with embarrassment?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GoldenRoses, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenRoses

GoldenRoses Active Member

I've been struggling with thoughts of suicide lately, and to make things even worse, often find myself in situations where I just want to disappear. I'm really not too self conscious, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to cope with all the embarrassing situations I find myself getting into. I wish I didn't have to leave the house.

Can anyone help me get by?

2. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

I totally get the feeling. I often feel like no matter what I'm doing, I'm messing everything up and I feel embarrassed to even exist. One of the best things to do is to just laugh it off. It's okay to laugh at ourselves sometimes. Another helpful thing to do is to talk to anyone about what happened. Express your embarrassment to someone after the situation and it will help relieve some of the embarrassment. And in the moment, someone may be able to help too! Feel free to PM me whenever you need :) lots of hugs

2 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I must be a queen in dealing with embarrassing moments cos geez I do make so many embarrassing moments, one in work yesterday, I just laughed it off. I know it is hard but just laughing it off really is the best option. While we feel like we're dying inside and want to crawl into a hole it's better to face it rather than hide. Is there anything in particular that you are embarrassed about?

4. GoldenRoses

GoldenRoses Active Member

Thank you.

It's a lot of things... for example, I completely messed up a presentation in Spanish class the other day, looked like a total idiot in front of the entire class and my teacher (so much so that she 'had a talk' with me afterwards.) I did try to laugh it off at the time, but I'm so scared to go back and have to face everyone again. I don't want people to keep looking at me like a freak.

So I guess while I can deal with the initial embarrassment, people don't always forget about it and move on. That's what I'm finding so hard to overcome. I can't just avoid it. :(

5. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

It's not easy. Often times there is a little rough patch with it all. However, you just have to act like you forgot about it. If you act like its no big deal to you, they'll forget about it.

But I know it's not easy to do. I'm sorry this is happening for you :(

6. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, I lacked so much self confidence that most of the time I could not stand up an do presentations! I too know where you are, I know that now it is easy to say you can deal and get over it, since school I have stood in front of hundreds of people and given talks, It can be overcome but you do have to work at it, one of the important things to remember is that it is OK to make mistakes but what is real important that You deal with it and go on, Don't let past mistakes prevent you form moving forward, don't worry about the other people, I know it is easier to say then to do but it is the best way! I am sorry that it is happening to you! You are not alone we all do things like that! Keep Safe and Be Gentle to Yourself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.