Dealing with Heartbreak.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Twinkle ☆ Twinkle, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I cried myself to sleep last night. I feel so sad. So stupid.

I've been dating someone online. I feel kinda embarrassed to even admit to this because it's almost not a real relationship. But all my feelings have been real. And throughout the relationship I trusted that his have been to. But our relationship started falling apart. We stopped talking as much. We never called each other anymore. We stoped doing the things we both enjoyed to do online together.

I think at this point, the relationship is just over. He has been really angry with me, and resentful. He stopped talking to me, and out of angry I just deleted him from all my contact lists. He then texted me really angry, saying "Ok fine, delete me, be like that. I don't care anymore. lol" I cried after reading that.

He later said he still loves me but doesn't love the way I seek out attention from other guys, but I really don't. I told him how much I loved him and just him. He hasn't said anything to me since the last message I sent him. I texted him earlier to confirm if we were really done.

I just feel like crying. I miss him so much and the way our relationship use to be.
  2. saturniidae

saturniidae Member

If you have real feelings then it's a real relationship. the stigma against online relationships sucks but don't feel embarrassed. no one is allowed to define what real and whats not expect you. You cried. if it didn't really mean anything to you ...then you wouldn't be posting here. It's okay to cry because...I know how painful it is...the fear of a pending loss of someone you love so deeply. I don't know what to a way this hits close to home. :/
  3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

When was the last time he met you and you both went on a date together? What kind of flowers did he bring you? Where did you go, someplace memorable that both of you find interesting? Did you feel completely safe and adored when he wrapped his arms around your waist and gently kissed you on the forehead? What was your first kiss like? The moment when you held hands?

How does one have an intimate relationship that exists only through a computer?

I can understand friendships, and even close ones, but it's unrealistic to consider reading satisfying words through a computer screen as being any type of serious and meaningful relationship in the romance department. People need contact. People need to touch, spend time actually in one another's presence to know whether there's actual chemistry. You need the interaction. We don't spend our lives through computers and you don't want to spend yours through one in the future; real life is out there in the world where you live every day and breathe and desire affection and a tangible presence. How can those needs be fulfilled through the internet?

I would advise next time, only remain friends, and actually meet before considering yourselves to be in relationships with people you've never met and haven't a clue what they're like off the computer. Go places together, interact in public, in private, share memories of holding each other and knowing one another's nonverbal cues and body language. It's hard to simulate those experiences of spending time together by words on a screen. Actions say so much more.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  4. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sorry Twinkle to hear this. Crying is okay, and really helps me when dealing with a breakup (friendship/relationship). I hope you will stay strong, and believe in yourself. I know its hurts so so bad though.

Take good care of yourself.

Love and hugs.......:)
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm going through a similar situation....we were really close, now he is flat out ignoring me and I have no idea why. I know how much it hurts, go ahead and cry and do things to make you feel better. Right now I'm buying all of my favorite things, going out and having fun to forget about how painful it is. I hope things will improve for you soon :hug: