Dealing with life...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jameslyons, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel like they have to fake it to make it? Whenever I"m really honest about feeling low in my day to day relationships I feel really bad about it. And often choose to just fake it through the event.

Whenever I do it makes me feel lonely inside, but I also realize that it's the best behavior for other people to still like you and have a good time. It's like your social responsibility is to be cheery and interactive.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have both SF and a counseling group to deal with how i sometimes feel. Does anyone else feel like this?

2. alexander01

alexander01 Active Member

I feel the same, it seemes that when im with my friends I have a totaly differnet personality, im cheery, cracking jokes and all..... And even in those moments I feel bad deep down inside for not talking about what I really want to talk about, I know they would never hang out with me If I was demonstrating how depressed I am all the time, and people dont give a shit about other peoples problems.

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i fake it around my family, but with good friends and SF and my shrink i don't have to put on a front. you might be surprised by how supportive your friends are if you start to open up to them. my friends are a caring, compassionate lot.

4. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Certain people I have to fake it around. Well, almost everyone. I've yet to meet anyone I can completely open up to :laugh: Sucks for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.