Dealing with major depressive disorder, and needing support...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by NothingThereAllAlong, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NothingThereAllAlong

NothingThereAllAlong Active Member

I haven’t been on here in a really long time, but I think that I might start coming on more often because I desperately need the support.

I’m dealing with major depressive disorder and some other mental disorders too, but major depressive disorder is the one that’s bothering me the most at this time.

I don’t really have a good support system. I have one friend who doesn’t treat me well at all, no family, I live alone, and basically my cat and the Internet is my only form of the social scene.

I had a therapist, but she left. I got a new therapist. I’m going to start seeing her this week. I’m kind of scared about that.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you came back to the forum and glad you are seeing a therapist..(two very positive things you're doing for yourself)....I hope she is going to put you at ease on the first visit...
    let us know how you go...
  3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

You made the right choice. People here rock! Hold on here with us, talk to us. Good luck with your therapist.
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa,
    I also returned to the forum after a break, suffering from Majro Depressive Disorder also and have no support system, so I definitely feel your pain. But you are on the right track - seeing a therapist and coming here for help and to talk really does give you that added backbone. I wish I had some people in real life also though. :)
  5. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I understand how you feel. I am Bipolar and spend most of my time depressed. I too live alone with a cat and the internet.

You are making positive moves, seeing a therapist and coming on here for support. Keep coming back. You might also try the chat room. I've received alot of support there.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey welcome glad you reached out for support. Your therapist will make you feel comfortable although i understand it is nerving having to switch therapist. It is good you are trying again. Keep posting and venting okay it does help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.