dealing with social security sucks!!!!

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! šŸ»
Staff Alumni
Trying to get my 1099 so I can do taxes. It's supposed to be in my account. It isn't. And my account set up sucks because of all the security on it. Tried to call the local office. They hang up on you after 15 minutes if no one is available to help. Got hung up on twice. Finally called main line. Waited about an hour on hold, but they didn't hang up on my. Finally talked to a nice lady who is going to send it to me. Should get it in about 2 weeks.
I talked to them earlier this year and they said they cannot automatically send it to you. You have to call them each year and place request. I appreciate the security, but not a world where it is so necessary.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! šŸ»
Staff Alumni
@Lady Wolfshead
Its been a stressful day. Damn computers. But I thought about you as I waited on forever and refused to be anything but nice to the lady who helped me. She told me that there were actually more nice people calling than mean ones. That was good to hear. I could never work in a call center.

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
@Lady Wolfshead
Its been a stressful day. Damn computers. But I thought about you as I waited on forever and refused to be anything but nice to the lady who helped me. She told me that there were actually more nice people calling than mean ones. That was good to hear. I could never work in a call center.
I make it a mission in life that if I have to contact a call centre, I will be extremely friendly to the person on the other end (I'm extremely friendly anyway, but if I'm calling up it usually means I have an issue!). It's often met with surprise and disbelief morphing into audible smiles when my jokes and enquiries as to their well being before getting down to business means they've actually got a pleasant call when the last 10 might have been horrific. At the other end of the line it's just someone working a job, trying to make ends meet. They might have a PhD or be a talented musician, but this is how they have to pay the bills or feed their family/selves/pets. Being pleasant might just make a difference to their day. I do hope so.

But before that you have to go through a multiple choice quiz and listen to awful music for 20 minutes/45 minutes/2 hours (whoever picks the waiting music is a psychopath!) and probably get cut off 4 times, so it's truly a test of character if I can be nice when I finally speak to a person šŸ˜‚

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
@SillyOldBear, Iā€™m sorry you were stuck in red tape issues. It can be very frustrating.

I am to get the national pension plan here at the end of this month. I was supposed to receive my ā€œcompanyā€ pension plan payment (only contributed for four years ā€” so itā€™s not a lot) on Feb. 1, starting this year. It did not arrive. There are forms they have to send me. They have been asking for (and Iā€™ve provided) information for the last month. They said my ā€œwelcome packageā€ would arrive weeks ago Then they promised all the paperwork was done and Iā€™d get my money direct deposited on Feb. 1.

* sigh * I have to waitā€¦

I so hear how frustrated you are, and I empathize, knowing how I have felt this week. I hope things settle into place for you now!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00