dear dad

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by SpencerA, Apr 12, 2009.

1. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

i'm sorry you won't be with us for much longer. i love you so much and it's breaking my heart that you're dying this slow and painful death and theres nothing anyone can do to make you better. i'm coming to see you tomorrow, for the last time, and it's going to hurt so much i don't know if i can cope. i so badly want to make you proud, but i'd give anything to have you back to how you used to be. i know we faught, but i love you so much i'm going to be so lost without you. i wish you'd stick around to see me get married, possibly have children, but i understand that you can't but i hope you'll look after me when you're gone, i love you with all my heart, tomorrow will be the hardest day of my life, but i will try and be strong for you.
  2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

im sure your dad will always be there for you.. taking care of you

thinking of you x :hug:
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

laureyxo; I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope you have the support group to help you through it. You know you have some here who really care about you and that can help. I've been though it and am looking at a similar situation with my mom which can happen at any time. Keep your friends close and talk to us any time. If you want to send a pm, I always return them. Take care!
  4. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

thankyou, i saw him yesterday, he was so ill, his livers failing and hes very yellow and looks anorexicly thin, which is so crazy because he was always a big man, it looks as though hes shrunk, im just so glad i got to give him a cuddle and wish him happy easter and kind of say my goodbyes without actually saying it, just letting him know that my new job is going well and that i miss him and want him to get better, even though it would take a miracle for him to get better. i'm sorry that you've been through it to, i don't know how hard his death will be but i know how hard it is waiting and losing hope xx
  5. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear that Lauren.! Be strong! :hug:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Laurey,
    I am sorry you are going thru all this pain!! I'm sure your dad is proud of you!! He will always be with you because of your love for him..My own father doesn't have much time left either.. I was lucky enough to set things straight between us.. Now when he passes I will know he is always there with me..
    I wish you all the best and I know you will find the strength to be there tomorrow..Take care sweetheart!!
  7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Massive hugs sweetheart.

I'm happy to hear that you got to see your Dad & give him a hug. I'm sorry to hear that he is ill though.

Thinking of you, Claire xx