Dear Guilt

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by mlxjaded, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

Dear Guilt

I'm nothing without you

The wrong is one stop ahead of me
    Making nothing ever turn out right

All the little things mean so much
    They remind me of me
    Insignificant but still there
    I am still here
    When will you see
    You're the one that's killing me

And as you strangle me
    I'm left here still breathing
    Just finish me off
    I'll beg if I have to

I long to be free
    Maybe this is my destiny
    To suffer for you
    But can this really be it
    You're all I have left anymore
    And the sad part is I don't want you to go

Who would chose to be all alone
    Even
    When

I'm everything without you

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I think I understand what you mean. I hate guilt. Events from the past, years ago, I can recall so vividly. And on some days, it does get to me that although I won't ever return to those times and go back to those same places where I feel guilt, the memories come back to me. And it's startling. I wish guilt didn't haunt people like that sort of. I don't know if this makes sense, but anyways, thanks for sharing. It took me a while to figure out what this poem was about, and hey I think that might be a good thing. ;)

3. mlxjaded

That's pretty much it. I usually just right down whatever I'm feeling and then go back and see what I wrote and see if it makes any sense. Then I'll add/remove things until it sounds decent. I had a couple other titles for this such as: What Am I Without You, My Guilt, and Nothing Without You but I chose Dear Guilt because I thought it fit best. I don't know what's wrong, I can't stop writing tonight. I'm posting another poem in a few mins..

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Oh no, no! Haha. I'm sorry. I meant that what I was saying.. I wasn't sure if my words made sense or not as I was sort of going about things in a roundabout way.

5. mlxjaded

No- I just realized my post made no sense. :biggrin: You're right in what you thought the poem was about is what I was trying to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.