1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Mom

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Starlite, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

This is a letter to my mom. Please indulge me

Dear mom.

I had you for 37 years. At the age of 6 I could have lost you then with you having your first heart attack, but you were spared. Instead , I got to grow up and get to know you for the person you were. You were kind, compassionate, gentle, but also showed me tough love when i needed it. As I grew into adulthood, you were my shadow and I loved every moment of it. I thank you for molding me into the person I am today. I love all the memories I have of the times we spent together and I will not ever forget them. The laughter we shared , the tears, the shopping, the dining out, the singing in the car, these were the good times we had. I know you had alot of physical pain in your life and now you don't. This month is your birthday and the anniversary of your death. I have been dreading these two days and I am sorry I have acted the way i have. Please forgive me mom. I will now celebrate your life instead of your death, for that is what you deserve the most, because you are so special to me. I know where you are that you are smiling and happy and so should I be as well. I am not saying goodbye my mother. I am just saying , I am going to let you rest in peace! And I am going to remember you for the good times we had.

I love you
    Karren

Our name change is finally coming true mom!

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

What a wonderful tribute to your mother Karren. :hug:

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

That's really touching Star. It must have been a tough time for you and I admire the positive way you are dealing with it. You are a real inspiration .:hug:

4. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Thank you Corrina :smile:

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

If I can inspire you Snow! Then I have succeeded in what my mother has taught me and for that i am truely honored! :hug:

6. ilovewoodchuck

ilovewoodchuck Active Member

That's so touching! I hope to someday remember my mother for the good memories and not as much of the week preceding her funeral