Dear Mom

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Starlite, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

This is a letter to my mom. Please indulge me

Dear mom.

I had you for 37 years. At the age of 6 I could have lost you then with you having your first heart attack, but you were spared. Instead , I got to grow up and get to know you for the person you were. You were kind, compassionate, gentle, but also showed me tough love when i needed it. As I grew into adulthood, you were my shadow and I loved every moment of it. I thank you for molding me into the person I am today. I love all the memories I have of the times we spent together and I will not ever forget them. The laughter we shared , the tears, the shopping, the dining out, the singing in the car, these were the good times we had. I know you had alot of physical pain in your life and now you don't. This month is your birthday and the anniversary of your death. I have been dreading these two days and I am sorry I have acted the way i have. Please forgive me mom. I will now celebrate your life instead of your death, for that is what you deserve the most, because you are so special to me. I know where you are that you are smiling and happy and so should I be as well. I am not saying goodbye my mother. I am just saying , I am going to let you rest in peace! And I am going to remember you for the good times we had.

I love you
    Karren

Our name change is finally coming true mom!

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

What a wonderful tribute to your mother Karren. :hug:

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

That's really touching Star. It must have been a tough time for you and I admire the positive way you are dealing with it. You are a real inspiration .:hug:

4. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Thank you Corrina :smile:

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

If I can inspire you Snow! Then I have succeeded in what my mother has taught me and for that i am truely honored! :hug:

6. ilovewoodchuck

ilovewoodchuck Active Member

That's so touching! I hope to someday remember my mother for the good memories and not as much of the week preceding her funeral