Death from Prayer

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Winslow, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Death from Prayer. In your suicidal state of mind, have any of you ever prayed for death? Because I wonder whether God answers that kind of prayer. After all, there are people who have Unexpected heart-attacks which are fatal, so maybe those resulted from Prayers for their own deaths.

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I have... when I couldn't carry on after an overdose. I'm still here.

3. bikebikemike

bikebikemike Member

if god were able to do something like that, i might just believe in him.

4. lightbeam

I will have to agree.

5. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

Same here.

6. stephen1969

stephen1969 Member

I prayed for death for 2 months straight every night. I spoke with Jesus doing that each time. He agreed to take my life if I keep preaching about Jesus. So now I don't ask Him to take my life each night.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes,I used to all the time... :unsure:

8. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

I pray for God to take my life everyday. This way it would not be suicide.

9. lightbeam

The whole Jesus thing needs to go to the Soap Box forum.

10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I dont think God would actually take your life for you no matter how much you pray to Him for that. But He does give us the means to and the ability to do so. If one really wants death it is there without the help of God. I do believe though that God doesnt "punish" those that commit suicide. He gave us our lives to do the best we can with. When one commits suicide it is their way of saying "ok I've done all I can." He sees we are tired and ailing, no differently than a person with a terminal disease or suffering horrendous physical pain. He is supposed to love each of us equally so He cant put one ailment greater or lesser than another. Just my 2 cents worth.

11. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

One could argue that god will take your life just probably not when you want it to be taken, prehaps successful suicides are mutual agreements between mankind and god.

I’ve been praying or death for about 2 years now, ironically I would call myself an atheist; not even an agnostic; an atheist. It’s the only prayer I’ve ever said.

If it were answered, it would spare my family the pain of a suicide in the family.

12. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry guess I didnt word that right. I was trying to say He wouldnt take your life because you ask him to. He will eventually take it yes. But I dont think He takes lives because we want him to. Wow this is getting pretty religious (lol). Sorry OP hope you are getting the answers you are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
  13. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

The reason I firmly believe that suicide is acceptable in the eyes of God is because billions of newborn babies die right at birth. Presumably God has the power to save them but does not. So why do I have to live until I become elderly when most humans die in their infancy or even at birth?

14. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Dear child, I have died for your sins on the cross and now you want to stuff me into a fucking soapbox?!!!

(Jesus)

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
  15. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Nah, seriously, I pray to god to let me die... and hide the corpse to spare my friends from tears and my family from funeral circus. Let them think I just emmigrated to Hawai.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.