death from sleeping pills

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by purplestuff, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplestuff

purplestuff New Member

i'm seriously considering killing myself by OD'ing on XXXXX

but i'm not sure which pills to take and how many. i have no tolerance to this type of drug.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

No one on SF will give you information like that.

How about telling us why you want to kill yourself? :hug:

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are considering such action. I've been in a similar place myself and guess the thought is still there but coming to the forum has given me the help and support I have needed to get through even my darkest moments. I'm glad you too have found the place and hope it does the same for you. If you ever want to chat send me a pm. There are a lot of good people here who will always listen. Get to know the site and I will no doubt see you around. Best wishes.S.:smile:

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi PurpleS...and welcome...sorry things seems so rough right now...I have found that talking about how I was feeling did help get through some rather hard times...please stay and let us know what is going on and how we can support you...again, welcome...big hugs, J

5. EspenN

EspenN Well-Known Member

A girl I know has tried to kill herself using all kinds of pills ... none have worked so far. She told me the aftereffect from surviving a suicide with pills is awful, not only mentally. She has failed several times, and were found the last time after having taken X number of pills ... then she were put into a mental hospital and just were let out, just to be stuck away in some other place where the people are supposed to be watched and under "protection". Don't kill yourself, if you succeed it's awful and if you fail ... it's even worse. Believe me, and most here I suppose, people here have experienced most things.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

This is for some reason the most intuitively attractive method of suicide... But it's also one of the least successful - and if it is, you spend the last minutes [or even hours!] of your life crouched over a toilet trying to vomit for dear life

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Not to include that you can damage some internal organs And have to live with the pain or aggrevation. Your kidneys could fail and you would end up on dialisis. Please instead of harming yourself try talking to us. We are here for you. I went fourteen years before I found the forum. I am an isolationist so I didn't speak to anyone all those years. They have helped me and I have made friends!!Take Care!~Joseph~

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Very true. This is very attractive to me as well but crouching over a toilet vomitting non-stop is not something I want to experience if I don't have to.

9. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

if you have no tolerance then you'll just end up throwing em up so its really pointless unless you're allergic to them.

10. Rockster

Rockster Guest

It isnt the best way to go, even if you were able to go from it, but the aftermath is worse, the throwing up, the pain and the feelings, dont try it, try and talk

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

why dont you talk about whats making you feel this way :hug:

12. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I tried and it didn't work, I had no tolerance either, and spent 2 weeks with the runs and also had the chucks, my husband didn't know what was going on. You cannot buy them over the counter.

13. music_junkie

music_junkie Well-Known Member

OD is the choice method, and the easiest to "mess" up. Unless you are a clinician, its nearly impossible to know what medication will do to you. It's why clinicians often-times find themselves using the "trial and error" method when PRESCRIBING medication, and it's the reason why so many people "screw up" OD-ing.

Like daisychain said, instead of trying to solicit advice, which most forum members wont give and honestly CANT give accurate information on, why dont you try exploring what is leading you to feel this way in the first place?

14. betteroff

betteroff Member

<mod edit> You could end up not dying but to a state with severe physical and/or mental problems due to possible brain injuries etc.

Statics show that actual deaths caused by overdoses are quite rare and the consequences of failure could be serious... More often than not stronger pills are not prescribed and doctors aren't stupid. It's just the things appearing in the movies and so on that make people think that a death by the pills is easy but it is not thus it could be not fatal but dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
  15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

The clinical trials they use for information are public knowledge. With a little bit of effort you can know exactly what drugs will do to you - and how to enhance the effects.

16. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Hi there betteroff. I've had to edit out a large portion of your post as SF is a pro-life site and we do not give out methods here. Please read the FAQ before you continue to to post. Thank you :)

17. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of taking an overdose of sleeping pills for quite awhile now,(I have a stash) the thing that puts me off is the chance of failure, of waking up in the hospital with liver or kidney problems that will be with me for the rest of my life....I have heard too many stories of people who have tried overdose and failed and then have to live with damage to their organs...not good.

18. I hope you don't hun, a great friend told me that taking an overdose has a very low chance of killing you but will mess your system up for the worst.

When I was 2 I took 17 sleeping tablets because my mum told me they would be dangerous and I would die, things were really unbearable back then, I knew I could make it stop, I was just 2. My heart stopped I stopped breathing and had to bee revived. I was fed through a tube until I was 6. I was 2, and I made it through that. I'm not saying you should do it another way, but really Od'g would be a real waste of time.

PM me if you want. Will always be here to listen. :hug:

19. Rockster

Rockster Guest

:hug: frizzii.

Yes it will mess up your system aaron and unless you know the right stuff to take you will just make yourself ill and it isnt worth it. No matter what pain comes up in life you can conquer it with the right people around you to love and care for you

20. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am wondering how you are doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.