Death is quite facinating - What happens after death?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Maylin, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

It is like thinking about how big the universe is and how insignificant this tiny planet is, it just blows my mind when I think about it.

Lots of people die every day, it is a normal thing about life, we are all going to die at some point yet we know nothing about what happens after the body shuts down.

Sure we all have some opinion, I do not believe in a God or anyhting like that, I just think we cease to exist, like the feeling when we wake up in the morning and it feels like a second has passed since we went to bed because we could not remember what we dreamt about. So death could maybe be like a eon of "dreaming" about nothing at all.

What do you guys think will happen?

2. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I believe we are reincarnated....maybe not straight away but ultimately.

3. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

I believe in heaven, and i believe we see a white light and get guided by one of our loved ones who have past,

i also believe people who take there own life, wake up in like a hospital, and get cared for up there, until they are better!

id hate to think.. we live this life, for there not to be anything else!

4. betteroff

betteroff Member

I believe that we simply cease to exist. With no brain to think with I would not think nor feel. It's the same as before I was born.

I believe that people believe in afterlife because they are afraid of death. People *want* to believe.

If we were reincarnated, how would it be possible for that another person be the same as I am in this life? Genetics, enviroment and life happenings affect so hugely on what kind of person I am. Even if our personalities would be from some unique origin (for example a soul), my personality would still form to be totally different in some other life.

If I would go to heaven or some other place like that, I would have to exist without a body. I'd be extremely curious to know how is that possible.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I beleive as native americans beleive. That we are reincarnated, it doesn't mean you will come back as a person . It could be an animal, or a tree, or a rock there just is no telling. If you think about it the native americans had there shit together they lived off the land and always gave thanks for taking from it. Then us stinking white men came and f***ed up everything.~Joseph~

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I believe death is like waking up from a dream.
    Could have been a good one, could have been a nightmare, as is the case for many of us.
    I suggest this website http://near-death.com

7. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

nothing just blackness forever

8. sidjor

sidjor Active Member

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't think anything happens. We're buried,rot and thats it.

10. Rangoon

Rangoon Active Member

I believe when we die that's it, all over. No after life or higher state of being, just your body at one with the worms 6feet below the ground. And i suppose if you believe that then suicide is pointless. I mean if we are going to die anyway then why hasten it? We are not going to die and be with our loved ones so why commit suicide. Might aswell tough it out and hope things improve. But knowing all that I still want to kill myself every day. I suppose atleast this current pain will end sooner, why suffer another 50 years of it?

It's a dillema.

11. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Everything is energy.
    When life ends and death comes your energy will be set free from the flesh that breaks down. I doubt there is awareness or thought after death but it doesn't mean you just disappear. Everything turns into something. Perhaps it is reincarnation. Or maybe you just return to the earth.

12. jam1e

jam1e Guest

I'll second that!:smile:

13. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Maybe you'll rot!
    But I'll be reincarnated into a pretty butterfly! :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.