Death isn't so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just wanted to see if I was the only one who felt specifically this way.

Why is everyone always afraid of death? I'm afraid of the pain, perhaps, but not death itself... why would it be so bad to be dead? I mean, there are things on Earth that I enjoy, yes, but I believe in Heaven and I would most definitely rather be there any day... The only thing that has kept me from killing myself is the fact that I would "go to hell" a la the Holy Bible. I don't know if that's true, but I guess I'll never know, and I'm not quite willing to risk it. Good thing I don't own a firearm though. Seriously, what's so bad about death? And by me saying that, does that say something about how much I enjoy life? Not that much. Death just seems like a good thing to me, in that it will take me somewhere better. Even if Heaven doesn't exist, I won't be alive to miss my life on Earth right? I'll just be dead. I won't be able to miss it. So it just seems so welcoming to me...

And my take on suicide, for me, is kind of the more selfish type. Some people want to die because they feel they're a burden. For me, it's like, life is so difficult, and there's so much stuff to worry about, and it gets to be such a pain, and I have so many things to do, it feels like an endless race. So if I'm dead, I wouldn't have to worry about any of it anymore. If I'm just taking an eternal dirt nap then I would have no conscience to be able to miss life, and I would be relieved of the hassle that is life. Granted I wouldn't feel the relief, but the sense of knowing that I will never have to do this or that again before I die, would be wonderful. It just seems to make sense to me. Again, good thing I don't have a gun. Life just seems so overwhelming. Especially when you hate certain parts of yourself you know you cannot change. I hate all that bullshit about being optimistic and perservering and blah FUCK that. Some things you just can't fucking change.

I was just trying to see someone else's take on my ideas and if they agree or have had similar feelings. Death just seems like a good thing to me, always has. Never been afraid of actual death. Maybe that says I'm apathetic about life then? :faint:

B
Death doesn't sound bad at all. I'm not afraid of the pain, not afraid of the afterlife. My take on suicide is maybe also a but selfish. I just don't think I can't handle it, I'm worthy for it, also the things I can't change part. I wish I could trade my life with someone in a thirdworldcountry. The only thing I don't want. Is to hurt my family and friends.

I'm not afraid of death... like we all gotta die - its inevietable (sp?), I don't enjoy pain, so I don't want to die painfully, one of the main things that put me off suicide and I imagine most people who consider it...

I shal embrace death when it arrives, but theres a big uncertainty in my mind as to what happens, I'm not particularly religious.. but physical laws, matter and enery, can't explain human reasoning, behaviour, emotions, desire to learn, desire to care... all things that are human seem so impossible in a universe built on purely matter and energy..

Its one of them things I ponder alot about, and I guess I will all my life, but I'm not scared, nor do I think its the end, I just hope its nice afterwards :smile:

Yep yep. Would be so much easier. People might say well yeah you have these bad times, but focus on the good ones. Sorry buddy, I seriously in my honest opinion can't see how they're worth it. If only there wasn't that damn rule. Plus hurting family =/

To be or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing, end them. To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn(e)
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment[1]
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action

R

reborn1961

Death is a natural course in life and we all will arrive there one day, but.......when it is our time. I do not believe anymore that I have the right to determine when I die. There was a time I thought no big deal but I have learned recently that some decisions are best left up to a higher power.

Is life rough, sure it is but like a diet sometimes you have to work hard to get the end result, then you can have that ice cream sundae. Life is the diet and heaven (for those that believe in that) is the end result we will achieve.

Suicidal people tend to rationalize many reasons to support their wish to die but you are just kidding yourselfs. Bottom line, there really is no good reason for suicide and yes their are many options if you are willing to keep looking and keep trying. Nothing in life is free, especially help so you get out what you put in. Just keep trying.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
I am actually quite afraid of death. I'm the type of person that always wants to know what lies ahead.
At times, I beleive in an afterlife and then again I don't know. None of us surely know what happens after we die and thats something I would really like to know, but we'll probably never find out.
Most religions say you go to hell or whatnot if you commit suicide, but I don't want to beleive that, if anything, I feel they should go to heaven. Maybe there's reincarnation? At least thats what my religion teaches, I don't like to beleive that if there is a God or whatever, that it puts us on Earth just once and then sends us to heaven or hell depending on our karma, but thats just my opinion.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Bottom line, there really is no good reason for suicide and yes their are many options if you are willing to keep looking and keep trying.
Mmm....I dunno. :unsure:
Right now, I feel as though I HAVE to commit suicide, I know to just about everyone, that sounds like a really stupid situation to say and that I already feel like my problems can't be solved, its too late for me, blah blah blah. Bah, I STILL haven't written out here what fully bothers me! I keep beating around the bush!

Jenova

I'm not afraid of death itself. The only thing that scares me is what will happen to my children if I'm not here to take care of them. When they don't need me, who knows.

Jill

S

suicide_kid89

im not afraid of death or the pain im just afraid that everyone is going to disown me or hate me for the rest of their lives. or that ill fail and then i have to be there for the hate.

joce

My life is a living death. I don't believe in an afterlife; just think there's oblivion. People always say rest in peace when someone dies but that person no longer exists, only in people's memories. Sorry I can't be any more positive, maybe can give you some jem of hope tomorrow. Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00