Death of my uncle

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Ruby, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I had some really bad news today. My uncle was found dead in bed this morning after my family failed to get in contact with him. He was only 58 and had battled throat cancer. It's such a shock to me as it was so unexpected. I can't believe he's gone. Knowing that he died alone at night makes me feel sick, knowing that nobody was with him :sad: I can only hope that he's at peace reunited with my great grandmother (who he cared for). RIP

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hun so sorry to hear of your loss. But please dont feel badly for your uncle. He had the opportunity to pass in his own home, his own bed, not some sterile hospital with strangers and noise and confusion. He most certainly is at peace now, he no longer has his cancer to battle and can rest now. Hun please take the time to grieve the loss but also to remember the good times and things your uncle accomplished with his life.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

My deepest sympathies Ruby. I agree with itmahanh about your uncle. Throat cancer is very hard to battle and he no longer has to fight that war. Now is the time for you to care for yourself and allow yourself the time to grieve your loss. As you grieve celebrate the life your uncle had. :hug:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss :hug: