Death or booze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

just dont care

i am so tired of all these thoughts that pass through my head i dont wanna think anymore. i dont want to be a bother to the people in my life anymore. i am tired of wearing this mask that tells people that i am fine i am normal. i got a bottle of booze and a knife both will end the thinking but i dont know which to turn to both seem so tempting one is perminent and the other is just temporary i want them both right now.

just dont care

thinking is bothering me thoughts keep comming to me telling me how pathetic i am, how everyone hates me, how i will always be alone, that i will never make it in life that i should just end here cause i wont even be missed. the booze seems very effective at stopping these thoughts and i know killing my self will end it too.

amee

I have a lot of those nasty thoughts, too. Psychologists call this inner voice the "Rhetorical Critic" -- obviously, it criticizes everything you do, pulls out THE most painful things to attack you with, no holds barred.

One highly recommended antidote is to create another voice, your Coach or Advocate, who tells the Critic to bugger off: you try your best, you care about the outcomes, you can work to improve things. Your Advocate is much the voice that you would use if you heard another person abusing one of your friends.

If you want a good example, you can feel free to PM me some of the things your Critic is saying to you, and I'll rebut it for you.

--A

just dont care

but how do i create that other voice?? i dont know how i dont see anyone for that problem i cant see anyone cause i dont want anyone to know about my problems i am pretty drunk right now so if this dont make sense then ok i am drunk as hell right now sorry but please tell me how i can counteract those voices withought drinknig sorry

amee

I'll help you create it if you want.

If you're free of the Critic right now, don't worry about it; get some sleep and drop me a note the next time it's around. I'll counter it in the way I'd counter mine. We can go back and forth on it until you feel able to do it yourself.

And ALWAYS come back here if you can't do it yourself.
Don't let the Critic reign unchecked. It never deserves free reign.

*hugs*
--A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00