Death-Prayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Let me ask you folks: In your suicidal despair, have you ever gone to a church and requested that a pastor pray for your death? I have.

In that case, it would not be a suicide at all, because it would be God who is killing you, yes? What do you think?

Problem is that the pastor refused to grant me that prayer. But that did not stop me from having a heated argument with him. After all, the Bible does Not raise any objections to death-prayers at all.

At the same time, if you yourself pray for your own death but remain alive, does it mean that God wants you to stay alive? On other hand, what of those who die at a very young age of,say, a heart attack? Did God grant them their wish?

Whatever the case, if your death-prayer is granted, then it's not a suicide at all, since it's God who is killing you, yes?

nolonger

I personally think prayer is nothing more then trying to reassure yourself that someone's listening, what ever you may be trying to say.

If god could kill someone that wanted suicide, then I don't know why 'it' couldn't wipe out all the people that decide to make life hell for others.

If prayer actually 'worked' then we would have a lot more deaths I'd say...

Dave_N

Banned Member
Interesting discussion. If God's plan was for us to be living here on earth, then why would God change his plan just because we feel like checking out? God isn't a genie in the bottle who will grant our every wish. And that's probably a good thing.

Please read Psalm 139 from the bible. It will help you. Here's the link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+139&version=NIV

When I was about to attempt suicide, this helped me SOO much.

19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD,
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

BornAgain

God will take you when it's your time, it is not for you to decide or request, the priest cannot pray for your death because that would mean that he is petitioning God to kill you, or offering a human sacrifice.... It is against Christian beliefs, God is goodness, pray to him to help you get rid of those things that are hurting you....

God bless you and I will pray for your healing!

:)

Just like my world :)

Everyday i wake up, and I hope I'm involed in some xxxx, so that i can end this life, but just never happens.

Save your prayers, they don't work.

Winslow

SF Supporter
Just like my world :)

Everyday i wake up, and I hope I'm involed in some xxxx, so that i can end this life, but just never happens.

Save your prayers, they don't work.
Actually, in a sense, the prayers worked. No, not in the sense that God killed me, but that by venting my emotions through prayer, I feel that my thoughts were heard by God. Strangely,my previous depression has been downgraded to glumness. My understanding is that glumness is milder than depression, so it's an improvement.

Whether God will grant my request for an early death or not, I of course can not predict. But I keep praying for it. As the saying goes,"Be careful what you wish for, since you might get it." Well, my wish has been made known.

I have prayed for death many times.
So far NO Answer.
At the same time, I have prayed for other things and God Always seems to come through for me.
Maybe it's just fate or karma, But I do believe in Jesus and God.
When you have been where I have, You will know..and feel his hand on you. Now I am crying.
Regards
Mike

In a way God has already made it so that you will die on this Earth.

Our time here is SO short it is almost laughable to expect us to take on-board enough wisdom in a window of opportunity that is like some millisecond when you compare the scale of time itself which is infinite.

Imagine God had heard Winston Churchill whilst he had some dark night of the soul. God takes him - but even Winston would have been shocked to see that his life shortened may have meant that millions of other lives were shortened.

OK, most of us will not be world leaders (or puppets) - but even so, at some point in your life you'll come to a point were others might rely on you just being there. Also, when your feeling down you see no good happening. This is an illusion caused by feeling down. There is some kinda life waiting for you to connect to it.

Set aside thoughts of God allowing you to die. Step up and live instead. Plan something positive this Monday no matter how small a victory it may be.

typical hurrah.
It doesn't say anything about the pain they are feeling.'
Are you telling them to "buck-up" and look at the long view??
WTF is that. Churchill wasn't a very sensitive man.
He sent airman with shell-shock to cleaning Jones.
GOD does answer your prayers.just not the ones that will cause you direct harm in the short term.
You are talking to an alcoholic and gun owner.'
I know about GOD.. AND BULLETS.

Multiple Man

I remember as a child some nights before school i would look out my window up at the moon as if it was God and pray for the Lord to keep me safe so none of the other kids at school would bully me or the teachers wouldnt hurt me. The following day, I got bullied by the school kids, and I was molested by a male teacher several times. I never believed and loved God more than at that time. I cant think of one time where I actually prayed for something major in my life and it came through. I cant think of a single time when I prayed for something that would take a miracle to change and it happened. If praying does not help improve your life to live on, then Im definitely sure praying for death will be fruitless. God listens, but we are on our own.

Winslow

SF Supporter
Sometimes people call me a coward because of my death-wish. But it's not that at all. After all, I'm Not running away from my problem. Instead,I am trying to solve it because the only way to re-join my dead-friend is if I died too. How else can I re-join him? After all, since he's already dead, he can not come to me. So the only way is if it's I myself that goes to him. And to do that, I myself have to die.

I remember as a child some nights before school i would look out my window up at the moon as if it was God and pray for the Lord to keep me safe so none of the other kids at school would bully me or the teachers wouldnt hurt me. The following day, I got bullied by the school kids, and I was molested by a male teacher several times. I never believed and loved God more than at that time. I cant think of one time where I actually prayed for something major in my life and it came through. I cant think of a single time when I prayed for something that would take a miracle to change and it happened. If praying does not help improve your life to live on, then Im definitely sure praying for death will be fruitless. God listens, but we are on our own.
Words cannot describe my sorrow and horror about your experience.
I too have had many unanswered prayers.
But, I have had allot that have been answered. We don't know if there is a God or not. Only time will tell. no ONE has died and lived to tell us about what comes after death.
It is the ONE GREAT UNKNOWNS STILL LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00