Death...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by LiamP, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiamP

LiamP New Member

I can't stop thinking about death. I really want to believe in God and an afterlife but I find it so difficult, I always have to be doing something otherwise I can't help but let my thoughts drift over to the darkness and nothingness that is most likely what will happen after I die. When I try to sleep at night I stay up reading or surfing the web because whenever I decide to call it a night I can't help but think what will happen if I don't wake up... what is wrong with me?

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Liam and welcome to Sf, you say you can't stop thinking about death, what is happening in your life at the moment?
    Can you see a starting point for these thoughts?
    When you feel ready maybe you would like to tell us a little more about what is going on for you at present?

3. LiamP

LiamP New Member

I don't know. Lately it just seems like I've been drifting through life, not doing anything useful and just being a burden. I remember when I used to enjoy life, now everything seems like such an effort even waking up in the morning and going to sleep at night. Even after I sleep most of the day away (if I sleep at all) I still feel tired and lethargic. Even seeing my friends seems like an effort, I've never had a girlfriend and whenever I have the fortune of meeting someone interested in me I push them away and reject them for trivial shallow reasons. I was at one point on anti-depressants but the thought just made me feel ashamed and they weren't really helping so I stopped seeing my doctor and just chucked the rest away.
    Suicide doesn't even seem to be an option seeing as I'm terrified of dieing... It's like I'm trapped and there is no way out.

4. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Perhaps chucking the pills and the doctor was done prematurely. If one pill doesn't work, another may.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.