December 1st

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bleak, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleak

Bleak Member

I think it may be time
  2. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

Not Dec 1st here where I am, WAIT!!!!!!!!
  3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

It's not time Bleak, please stay with us :(.
  4. El Mas

El Mas Active Member

Why the 1st? Can it wait?
  5. Robin

Robin Guest

The problem with setting a date is when it passes, though you can't imagine it now, you will feel more worthless than you do now.

Have a plan to get out of depression, even if it takes you 20 years, people of all backgrounds do well with plans and lists, it is so damn satisfying to cross things off a list that you've set yourself to do and completed, you might even find yourself adding to each list so you can get more crossed off by the end of the day, Jenny taught me that :)

Start small, do often, habituate and I don't know if you've approached professional help but to be honest meds are rarely a cure for any person, no matter how well they respond to treatment. Proper therapy has a much longer and more effective impact on those with depression.

Setting dates will just leave you stuck in time forever, forever between now and then with the clock always counting down and your self worth going lower than you could ever imagine. Don't get stuck in time, you might not like the idea of setting yourself long term goals but trust me, finding yourself in pretty much the same position except older and poorer 20 years from now will crush anyones soul.

Start small, start often, make lists, habituate and get on the path to professional therapy. My CBT doc was fond of saying, you can talk about something till you are blue in the face but unless you process it you will never see the back of it.
  6. brueyh1976

brueyh1976 Well-Known Member

It is not time my friend. you stay here with us and keep fighting. what you need to do is to keep hanging on and just take each day as it comes.

If you need someone to talk to, you can PM me anytime.
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Bleak it's not that time!! You can beat those thoughts..I'm not saying they will go away but you can learn to deal with them..Stay here with us and let us show you support, and that your life has meaning..Take care!!
  8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

You know I used to set dates too. But then I would decide, well if I am going to do it today, why not wait until tomorrow? Might as well see what tomorrow brings. And then I started putting a string of tomorrow's together....and now I am taking it day by day.

And I was among the weakest here. If I can do that, surely you can too.

Take care.
  9. nash4MVP

nash4MVP Member

Bleak, please don't do it, for my sake. Even though I don't know you, I don't want to go to bed tonight thinking that a good soul is gone. All of us have something that we can give back to the world, and your story isn't finished yet.
  10. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

It's a very bad memory for me too, where I remembered my father was a man who hates me. But still holding. So please hold on, talk to us.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the fourm! Not sure what's going on for you. Do you want to talk about it? :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.