December 31, 2020 --- Happy New Year's Eve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Well as it is New Year's eve

Thought would share some of the New Year's traditions from around the world...and wondering if any one will be doing these....have to admit the idea of smashing plates does have an appeal as well as old appliances---wonder if computers can be included in that...

Spain: Eating Grapes For Good Luck
Scotland: First Footing
The Netherlands: Chowing Down On Oliebollen-
Russia: Planting Underwater Trees
Brazil: Throwing White Flowers Into the Ocean
Italy: Wearing Red Underwear
Greece: Hanging Onions
Japan: Slurping Some Soba Noodles
Denmark: Smashing Plates and eating marzipan doughnuts
Greece: Pummeling Pomegranates
Ireland: Sleeping on Mistletoe and banging bread against the walls
Columbia-Carry empty suitcases around the block and 3 potatoes placed under your bed
Philippines - Eat 12 round fruits
Canada - Ice Fishing
Switzerland - drop ice cream on the floor
South Africa - Throwing old appliances out the window

To one and all Wishing all a wonderful New Year's eve...may the coming year bring you all your dreams...

Not so good with questions so will leave that to those who are more creative than I and possibly more awake...as well as the tagging as well....

tagging @Champagne @Bergerac @Sunspots @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @JMG @1964dodge @Nick @Citizen Insane @MisterBGone @extraterrestrialone @Blue Star @BlueGreen @MosesY @Lane @Sunday16 @Auri @Lady Wolfshead @Lara_C @nobodyknows71 @Innocent Forever @pooky @mpk @Waves@shadowlands @Human Ex Machinae @Walker @Freya @februaryfriday @Were all together @Kira @sinking_ship @Sassy the Wonderful Cat

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
There are some very strange traditions for New Year. 😂 I notice that there was nothing for England. Perhaps that’s because the main tradition is to get blind drunk and forget the night ever happened. 😂
I am relieved to say I have taken down the Christmas decorations today. It’s nice to put them up but really nice to put them away again. I’m not a fan of this time of year, I might try hibernating next year.
Anyway, Happy new year to everyone. Hope it’s better than the last one. *grouphug2

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
There are some very strange traditions for New Year. 😂 I notice that there was nothing for England. Perhaps that’s because the main tradition is to get blind drunk and forget the night ever happened. 😂
I am relieved to say I have taken down the Christmas decorations today. It’s nice to put them up but really nice to put them away again. I’m not a fan of this time of year, I might try hibernating next year.
Anyway, Happy new year to everyone. Hope it’s better than the last one. *grouphug2
I'm doing that tomorrow as admit dont have the energy today.. think same for US....lol...

Happy New Years Eve!

I will contribute some questions:

1. Do you have New Year tradition?
2. Do you have any additional traditions to share?
3. Do you plan to make a resolution/goal for this year?
4. What do you plan to do tonight/tomorrow?

5. Do you have anything on your mind you want to share?

1. At midnight- A champagne toast. (Or bubbly wine). kisses💋. Lots of people sing auld lang syne. I never learned the words so i just keep toasting give more hugs & kisses. In my younger days, drinking in excess, dancing & general merriment.
2. Here I go again- food. In the (US). Black eyed peas, collard green (sometimes cabbage), pork & cornbread.
In the country you'd always hear a gunshot at midnight. City dwellers often do fireworks.
3. Not really. I guess a goal would be to get a (much needed) job.
4. I hope to stay up until the new year to do the above tradition.
5. I hope we all have a wonderful new year with peace and renewed hope.

🦩🍾💋🎉🦩

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I have been up since about 12:30 am. I accomplished a lot today, even things that weren't on my list. Ham & bean soup in the slow cooker. I don't have to drive anywhere else today so I am pouring myself generous doubles of Black Velvet, saving the good stuff for later. 2020 was a bad year. I made more money than I have in many years though. My parents passed away about 6 years ago. In 2015 I was given a bottle of wine made from their grape arbor, in memory of them. I figure tonight is the night to open it. I am going to bed early and setting my alarm for 11:45 pm. Shortly before midnight I take the cork out and then 1 minute before the new year I pour the wine; as the bell tolls 12, I take the first sip. I am going to the Greenwich Mean Time clock to determine midnight. I am on EST currently in the US.

Dad's Wine.jpg

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Questin Nubmer 3- same thing i do every yer; reside to quite, or leafve here! (; just joking. . . I'm just being facetious :D
Dont' know why this year would be any different from that last/ or-previous?? (though I did do my best / or attempt:
to get a ggo od "running start!" this_year. . . yeah, that went well-fell/flat on my <<already too "~flattened,">> _face - which is already 'plenty_flat,'
as-it-is!!! ;D ;) ~..^ Yup? That is me: sold, "as~is..;)" no returns, no exceptions!!!! (; what werre the othe '?s again. . :D
Is it raining??? Is it snowing!! :) is a hurricane-a-blowing. . . ;^D Who's woods tjhese are, I think! (i knos . . ;)) //_(Whose woods these are; I think, I know. . )

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
@Butterfly ;
also~ @FlamingoWrangler I think that only maybe the first 10 people we tag can get a message of their mention sometimes. So that is why you so often see the people who open more regularly, like @Champagne - separate them out into a bunch of posts (w/10 at a time, I think...;)) Don't worry though, we've all done it. That's how we knew it, or found out about it. As mr mamet once said, or wrote, or both. . . "There, I said it... I said it--I did!" ;) hahaha -just let me know if you want me to copy & paste & I can separate some of them out for you... or we could leave it up to the Fate's of the God's . . :D (that's fun, too!) :)
peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00