Decided to quit smoking~

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Hanging_Hope, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hanging_Hope

Hanging_Hope Active Member

I've been trying to quit for what seems like a year by now...I've been smoking for two years if not a little more. It was nothing I did to seem ''cool'' or anything, like some people tend to do, but more like because of my own stupidness and the fact that I didn't care about my life and health one bit.

Finally, I'm getting around to it. Haven't smoked for five days, and I used to smoke at least a pack a day. It's hard as hell, because it's one thing I got addicted to badly..But I'm making it. I'm determinded to quit this time for good. I know it does me no good, and it's not going to improve my life in any way. I hate myself for even starting it, because I was always a fanatic anti-smoking person. Guess fate has it otherwise sometimes...

Well, just, basically thought I'd share that too..
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey good for you and yes it is going to improve your health. You will be breathing easier you will smell better and your taste of food will be much improved. Less chance of a stroke all kinds of good things from stopping smoking and oh yes extra money to spend on neat stuff like clothes. Good for you keep up the great work
  3. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Woo congratulations ^^ Hope you manage to stick to it, and yeah should buy yourself a reward with the money you save... or put it aside until like a year or two when you can look at it and think about how much you used to waste!
  4. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

good for you quitting!
  5. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Good work, withdrawal sucks!
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

well done :D and good luck!
  7. Hanging_Hope

Hanging_Hope Active Member

Thanks guys. Have managed to keep it up so far. Now I'll just have to wait~
  8. busenbust

busenbust Well-Known Member

Well done! Saved yourself - and a fortune! :)
  9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

How is it going? :)