Decision time

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sociallyrejected93, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dont know if anyone will read this, but I'm really struggling at the moment, I go into the drawers I see knives to hurt myself with. Is suicide the answer? How does people distract themselves

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome, I edited your post 'cos it contained methods which are forbidden here I hope you can understand why.
    What has brought you to this point? why are you so desperate to die? Hopefully we will be able to help!

3. nik89

nik89 Member

I drink myself until I pass out every day. Being drunk makes it easier to cope with life. On the flip side, it increases my chance of suicide, as I lose my inhibitions and my self-preservation instincts aren't so strong because of the booze.

4. Yeah I understand why.. Sorry. I just feel empty, I can't tell anyone how I feel, I've got nobody I can trust I think that's why I came here for advice. I've tried drinking it just make ne feel worse. I find myself looking back at my life and I feel that ive struggled through but it's just getting overwhelming at the moment. I'm always anxious I want to escape this

5. Petal

The way I feel about life is strange but i'm gonna say it anyway, that we're just tourists passing through, once we were the youngest people on the planet and the only thing in life guaranteed is death so I think you should keep trying to get better, your issues can likely be controlled with a combination of medication and therapy. Keep talking to us here :hug:

6. talking has never been my strongest point I find it difficult to open up. Hearing the thoughts out loud make it real. Maybe I am avoiding the inevitable by keeping silent. Medication I have tried but it's just not effective. I may need to be honest with the people around me its just finding th words. Thanks for your reply

7. Petal

I think working on talking about your situation would be best for you too 'cos you need that extra support around you. I know it is extremely hard but take it one step at a time. How long did you spend trying different medications? It took me about 7 years to get on the ones that quenched my depression. It's frustrating and takes time but left untreated is worrying. Please try and seek help, even if it's just opening up to someone close to you!

8. Maybe I'll see how I go thanks. I am sorry to hear you have been struggling for so long, I've been suffering from depression and anxiety since I was around 13 so 7/8 years. I tried a few meds for the past 3yrs and I stuck with it but gave up didn't like the side effects. This is the only way to open up on here at the moment, so I appreciate your time and reply. I try to treat this myself, finding the words is hard but I'll give it a go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.