Declaration of Futility (trigger)

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by FoundAndLost1, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Declaration of Futility

I’m too punch-drunk
    to function in this world
    of trivial minutia,
    made up of our so-called
    holy
    infrastructure…
    For the mortally wounded,
    weakened, ill soul,
    it is a dreadful, daunting task,
    one after dreary other
    of sorting the way
    through the endless,
    convoluted maze of
    what we have created for ourselves
    for safety’s sake
    NOTHING is safe!
    Everything dies,
    including the earth
    which we destroy
    Life is still random
    And we simply deny it,
    fill it with empty chores and goals
    that give us more
    to do,
    and more to have
    but less to find meaningfulness in
    We merely waste our time
    and pretend
    And in the end,
    all is futile;
    we are merely occupying
    temporary space.
    In the Big Picture,
    we are not God’s chosen creatures,
    but rather, beyond comprehension,
    infinitesimal and worthless…

FAL1

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

As always, I'm in awe of your ability with language.:eek:hmy: This one in particular is unbelievably good. Your works should be published, and you could join the ranks of the poets before you, who so intimately described the Hell of Being.

Of course, tho I really like it, I wish desperately that you didn't feel so... desperate.

love,

least

3. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Hate to say it, but its very true, however much I wish it wasn't. However, I like to believe that there are things worth doing, and that not everything is futile...Making life more bearable for ourselves and others...of course everything ends, everything dies in the end, nothing lasts for ever, but I'm not sure that makes it futile, pointless, if one moment can be perfect, or special, does it matter that it won't last for ever? That it's temporary? A :hug: for you.

4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Me, too..... ^^^^^^

:cry:

:clap: :thumbup:

xxxxooooxxxx

5. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

I like the wording of this poem, but I'm not for sure if I agree with its philosophy. All things in nature are inherently worthless, or blind, it's up to the observer to find the meaning or "worth" The French philosopher Jean Paul Sartre, struggled with finding the "meaning of life." Bascically, you have to find your own path. YOU decide the meaning, no one else.

The human race isn't so much worthless as it is horribly flawed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  6. "The human race isn't so much worthless as it is horribly flawed."

Thanks for all your replies. Truly much appreciated - I'm such a mess you guys. I confess I'm caught off-guard with the new format - why are we always fixing what ain't broken?!?!!? WHY did we need a new look for Christ's sake?!? It's far harder to read. Is it neccesary to designate/preferable it go to a larger font to make it readable for already WEARY eyes?!!

Rant released...The quote I repeat above *almost* made me smile in its truth of Irony (its previous sentiments not without their own thoughtfulness, but....) our PERPETUAL flaw is that we see ourselves as mutually exclusive - that we are separate - above and beyond the REST of creation! I USED TO BE ONE WITH ALL, or as close to it as I found possible, and I could keep my peace with that. It was a journey, not so much a struggle. But more and more I find it a battle to get through each single day, looking at the way we juxtaposition ourselves against what we see as "The Elements" of our existance. It's like trying to separate H2 from the 0 in water - but we contrive a way - thinking ourselves clever for the differentiation. This race is doomed, not so much by any natural force, but what we ourselves devise. For we think ourselves SUPERIOR while we are only visitors to life

(I'm very tired)
    (My brain hurts ----- severely)

FAL1

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  7. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

I never have considered myself separate from the rest of creation. Except maybe slightly below the rest of it.

EDIT: So, I'm a tad confused. Are you agreeing with what you quoted from me, or disagreeing?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  8. Agreeing...

FAL1

9. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Dear FAL1;

regarading the 'new look'. I don't care for it either, harder to read and decipher. Just go to the bottom of the index page, left corner, and click on the box then click on 'default style'. That'll bring the site back to the old style.

least

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.