Decline in Health

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I'm going to whine for a minute here. My health has taken a rapid decline over the last couple of months. I keep trying to brush it off as changes in the weather or bad luck. My immune system is jacked which was the cause of my day today spent between the doctor and the hospital. It's been years since I had to play the game of health roulette in this manner. It's frustrating on so many levels. The mental health battle is hard enough to fight, now I have to fight a raging physical battle as well. Sometimes it feels like enough.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, don't let this set you back mentally. Things happen we can't control. Just remember to eat right and get some exercise. Important thing is you went and got it taken care of. Now, let's just focus of getting better and forging forward!

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hey, don't let this set you back mentally. Things happen we can't control. Just remember to eat right and get some exercise. Important thing is you went and got it taken care of. Now, let's just focus of getting better and forging forward!
While eating right and exercise won't "fix" my health problems, it certainly wouldn't hurt them. I can't exercise at the moment, but maybe after the doctor removes the tube. Hopefully they will remove it tomorrow. There is no cure for the diseases I have. Getting better looks more like managing symptoms. I'm not saying better days aren't around the corner, or that I can't get back to the semi functional state I was in before. The battle looks impossible in the middle of it. I've been here before several years ago. The doctors found a miracle drug and it changed everything. All I can do is hope someone has developed something new.

My mental instability is not directly tied to my physical health. It is affected by it for sure, but the root cause of my mental health decline is something else. It's the elephant in the room I've avoided for the last 20+ yrs. I'm taking steps to deal with it. Ripping open old wounds has a ripple effect.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey Nick, I'm sorry that you're having to deal with a decline in your physical health. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I just wanted to let you know I read your post. For now, just follow the doctors' advice and do what you can to manage the symptoms and hopefully there'll be a cure just around the corner. Stay strong *hug

Lightsout

While eating right and exercise won't "fix" my health problems, it certainly wouldn't hurt them. I can't exercise at the moment, but maybe after the doctor removes the tube. Hopefully they will remove it tomorrow. There is no cure for the diseases I have. Getting better looks more like managing symptoms. I'm not saying better days aren't around the corner, or that I can't get back to the semi functional state I was in before. The battle looks impossible in the middle of it. I've been here before several years ago. The doctors found a miracle drug and it changed everything. All I can do is hope someone has developed something new.

My mental instability is not directly tied to my physical health. It is affected by it for sure, but the root cause of my mental health decline is something else. It's the elephant in the room I've avoided for the last 20+ yrs. I'm taking steps to deal with it. Ripping open old wounds has a ripple effect.
Hi there

Me too my health is also declining. I believe that i also have disease the probably very rare, because nobody can find answer to it. I did every test and it all comes to normal.

I do find exercise and eat right makes me feel better though. Probably try to stick to those.

I wish somebody would understand but i guess nobody ever will. You are not alone.

I identify with what you are experiencing. I have multiple problems, non life threatening per se, but multiple that are not conducive to quality of life. I get over one thing (or improve in it or at least get it properly diagnosed), and then another thing comes along----I fall and break ribs or an arm, then I get auto-immune problems from the steroids I took for back pain, etc. And then I get D2 from taking the steroids. (I had thought the spinal injections of steroids were the magic bullet for my sciatic/hip/back pain, and that they would allow me to travel without the max of pain meds.) Knee surgery, back surgery, etc., etc. Pulled shoulder muscles. And add to that my manic-depression, which is a forever thing. I have lost some vision and have moderate hearing loss. I try to deal with these with hearing aids and eye surgery and meds, but sometimes I feel that it is pointless. I have become my grandmother, except really less active than she was, even at ten years older than I am now. I cannot be trusted to walk across the room without falling down.

And constant pain of one sort or another, which my depression only enhances. When my family asks how I am feeling, I really don't know what to say. Should I tell the truth, or lie? Lying comes in handy because I don't think anyone would believe how bad It is, or really care except on a superficial level. I don't blame them, as I remember what it was like to be young and healthy and have no concept of the chronic pains of age.

I know that exercise would be helpful, and I am trying. Leaning over to get on the yoga mat a couple of weeks ago, I tumbled, broke two ribs and strained my shoulder and arm. Trip to doctor, pain meds, more chronic pain added to the list. So right now can't even swim slow laps, which have been a pleasant and helpful activity, especially followed by dry sauna and then hot tub.

My husband is beginning to hate me, although he tries to be supportive. I'm not an equal partner any more. I began planning a trip to Italy and booked a lovely hotel in Rome. Then last night I cancelled. Typical manic depressive behavior.

So Justnick and Lightsout, I understand your quandary. I just wish I had some wisdom to impart. Those before us just kept on trying, and I guess that is also our path. My best wishes to you. (God and I are not on speaking terms now, or I would send prayers also.)

Last edited:

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
@Lightsout and @CateCaroline while it is good to know that I am not alone in my journey, it also hard to know that others are in this position. My greatest hope is medical advancement. It's all those of us with incurable diseases have to bank on. There isn't hope of spontaneous healing, so nothing short of a scientific breakthrough will mean anything. Some days are easier to hang on then others. For me it all boils down to mental state. I've not been mentally well for many years. The physical issues came long after my first mental breakdown.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@Lightsout @JustNick and @CateCaroline I know suffering and i'm so sorry you have to struggle you have to keep fighting for the best life we can make out of it. some issues can get better so concentrate on them and sometimes we have to accept a struggle we can not win so we do what we can to lower any suffering. we are all strong enough to keep fighting to get better but sometimes we need help like from our friends at SF. I hope you all feel better soon. mike *hug*hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00