Define what does it mean to be a loser in your own words

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seithkein, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

the title says it all.
  2. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

to be incapable of so many things that normal people take for granted. like me. im a loser =/

can't do anything right these days.
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

maybe you can't do anything right because there is no right or wrong way to do something, and no right or wrong way to live life. All people can do is the best they can at any time, and we're all always doing the best we can whether we can see and appreciate that or not.

There is no possible way to be a loser. Everyone is unique and is contributing in ways that maybe you or I cannot see. But we all make a difference.

with love :heart:
  4. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

It depends. But, i think if you fail to achieve something that is important to you. Even then, you're not a loser..... I dont know what am I, or what you are, or what is loser.
  5. wilco

wilco Member

I would have saied something similar
  6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Why do dumbass Americans always place such importance on the labels winner and loser? Because they are insecure, materialistic assholes who don't know any better.

It doesn't matter if you're a winner or a loser. If you dance to your own beat, great! It doesn't matter how much money you make, if you're married or single, if you're a packrat or a loner. Your life is what you make it. It's your business.

Personally, I'm happy being a loser. People leave you alone.
  7. ConsolationPrizeFighter

ConsolationPrizeFighter Well-Known Member

8. jam1e

jam1e Guest

The term "loser" is used so often these days, It has no real meaning, it's just an offensive term.

Everyone has achieved something in life, no matter how small.
  9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

No one here is a loser. As long as you keep waking up everyday and facing the challenges that life sends your way, then you're a winner in my book. :hug:
  10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

A loser would be someone who keeps trying to win but nevers does. I've pretty much lost everything I ever had physically, materialistically, emotionally you name it. And it doesnt just affect me but my children too. So yeah I'd have to say I'm a loser.
  11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I don't believe that anyone is what we term a "loser". Yes we can lose ast things, but it doesn't define who we are.
  12. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You're still here fighting with all of your strength and that's what matters. :hug:
  13. bluebird002

bluebird002 Active Member

Someone who is habitually unsuccessful. Unsuccessful in what - I suppose it depends on the values of that person or the values of the people who are judging that person as a 'loser'.

Theoretically I suppose you could change your values to stop feeling like a loser.
  14. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

A winner is someone who has been defined by their talents or successes and accepts this definition as their identity
    A loser is someone who has been defined by their limitations or failures and accepts this definition as their identity.
    I think that to be content with yourself, you have to accept all that you are and not limit yourself to only being a living win/loss ratio.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
  15. I think your only a loser if you do not try. However ironically i try more often then not but still consider myself a loser.

I guess its true. What you manifest is before you.
  16. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

1. A person incapable of winning
    2. The person or team who is not the current winner
    3. A person who beats on others to make him/herself feel good
    4. A pedophile/rapist/murderer
    5. A joking name
    6. A continually unsucessful person
    7. A person unwilling to change aspects of their personality which cause harm to themselves/others

Therefore, by some definitions of mine, I'm a loser, but by most (five!) I am not.
    I am quite definately a joking name (^-^) and I'm pretty constantly unsucessfull(but I'm working on it).

As for the other five, they don't apply.
  17. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

dumbass Americans? I say...harumph..see here now!
  18. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

I am a loser, cause my only purpose in life is to be hated and alone.
  19. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Pit us dumb ass americans keep having to bail your asses out of trouble. If we are so stupid why are we the strongest super power? Get your facts straight before you open your mouth!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.