Definition of love.

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by so.overratedx, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so.overratedx

so.overratedx Active Member

So, I've been put into a very horrible situation love-wise. & It got me thinking, with a conversation I had with one of the people in my situation.
    About my definition of love, what it means to me.
    I think, it'd be cool if we all posted our little [or long] definitions of what love is to us; relationship-love, or if you want friendship-love. Just try & make sure it's clear when writing. :3

&Yes, it's okay to comment on what you think of other peoples definitions. :)

I already knew ‘perfection’ was impossible. But, the idea of it also seems so.. Boring. I mean, no little petty arguments; nothing negative to say about the other person; etcetc. How boring would that get? Maybe that’s just me. But, I think the little-stupid fights you have with someone; shows how much they care. I think it’s great, when you can call someone an asshole or a bitch; & they still know how much you care about/love them. I mean, yeah.. If the fighting is just insane, with no love or romance to it otherwise; then it’s just not worth it in the first place. But, I do believe it’s HEALTHY to argue once in awhile. Even once or a few times a day, if they’re [stupid&] small. Flaws are what create real perfection in my opinion.

I believe, that for a ‘perfect’ relationship, you need someone who works with you. Someone who actually wants to hear about your day, someone who's day you want to hear about. It’s the kind of person, who’ll argue without you; KNOWING something’s wrong, even if you refuse to admit it, until you tell them what’s wrong. The kind of person who knows you, better than you know yourself. The kind of person who tells you to shut up, & kisses you in the middle of an argument. The kind of person who knows the difference between a moment to beg for information & a moment to just hold you close. It’s when the little things, matter just as much as the big ones; when they realize forever doesn’t exist, but they know they want to spend their lives trying to find it with you, because you mean an eternity to them. It's when they're your best friend, your lover, your boxing partner, your therapist, etc; All rolled into one. The person who makes you smile the most, cry the least; & Is there for you through it all.

I might write more later, but that's all I got so far. 8D
    Anyways, hope this thread works out. ~
  2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

My L O V E to my D O G

is innocent, initial, without doupts, pure, warm, it never let down, it accepts us both like we are, it is very deep bond between us. I feel him if I am away, I take him consider on my actions. I simple adore my dog.

:donut: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Go get the donut my sweet!
  3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Here is the definition of love from a basic English Bible.

1 Corinthian 13:4-7

4. Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind; love has no envy; love has no high opinion of itself, love has no pride;
    5. Love's ways are ever fair, it takes no thought for itself; it is not quickly made angry, it takes no account of evil;
    6. It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true;
    7. Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things.
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

LOVE = When the other persons wants and needs are of the same importance as mine. Making there dreams come true is as important as mine dreams etc. It also requires the ability to see the other person as human and trust that their heart is in the right place and the the above stated can be fulfilled and thus love takes place. That is my humble definition of love.
  6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

defending myself from people who don't understand my life.
    looking after myself and realising how fragmented i was, and how intent i was in not letting people take advantage of that.

i strongly believe you can't love another person unless you have deep understanding of yourself, look after yourself and treat yourself with love and patience. and that can be the hardest part.
  7. losthope

losthope Well-Known Member

If I’ve ever felt it, I can’t remember, nor imagine it. It doesn’t seem to be in the repertoire of my human emotions anymore.
  8. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

9. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Paraphrased from an old Calvin and Hobbes comic:

Panel One: Calvin awakes in the night. "Mom, Mom!" he yells.
    Panel Two: Mom runs in. "What is it? Is everything all right?" she asks. Calvin responds, "do you think that love is nothing but a bio-chemical reaction to ensure our genes get passed on?"
    Panel Three: Mother responds, "whatever it is, it's the only thing that's keeping me from throttling you right now."
    Panel four: Calvin sighs, "mothers are never very comforting at three AM."

Yeah. Pretty much this.
  10. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

Love doesnt exist, it was invented by the media to get us to be good little consumers and buy things we dont need or want. If you are poor or ugly or both you die alone, wheres love now, tell me? In some fat CEO's bank account, thats where.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.