Deleting Account

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Xaos, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

How please? I've never really vented about personal issues on here and I have professional help IRL, so I'd like to call it a day...

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I don't think they delete accounts here.

Gives people who are not banned or on leave the chance to return should they feel the desire to - and reduces the isolation that many would be in without it.

3. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I could just change my password to something ridiculous that I won't remember but I'll still get the birthday message reminding me that I'm still a member and I'd like to leave this period of my life in the past without the reminders :/ I've made my mind up about this, it may seem rash, but it's been on my mind for a while... I won't get isolated, the NHS is very helpful, they provide a service for people with mental health issues to attend a social group once a week where we do activities like pool, golf, bowling, etc, anything affordable, paid for with our own money, I've been going now for about a year now, plus I have a care coordinator, which is basically like a social support worker who I talk to at least once per month, and I see a psychiatrist every 3-6 months, so I'll be fine on that front, and they know the issues that affect me pretty well, I should hope at least :p... All I ever do is rant about politics/news on here anyway, and I've decided to give politics/news a rest cause it makes me lose my temper too much, I could live a lot happier without stressing about the latest disastrous development in the world :)

I understand you aren't an Admin meaningless-vessel, but assuming you know what you're talking about, I'm just getting this out there for the Admins, thank you for responding though.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

If emails bothers you that much, just go to user settings and change all notifications to not to contact you.

5. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I already have, but there's nothing there about automated emails, which the birthday thing is, I think?

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Weird. Lets see what admin says

7. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I probably should have sent this in a private message to one of the Admins tbh. Could one of the Admins close this thread and respond to me in a private message when you get the chance, cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.