Deluded, or just a really good imagination?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Beka, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

So this is probably the most personal thing I have ever posted about on this site, purely because it's something i've kept to myself for a very long time. Those who know me, are very aware that I'm quite into mythology, urban legends, mythical creatures and the lot. They simply think that it's just something I'm very interested in, which isn't a lie everything that is unexplained captures my imagination. But the whole mythical creatures thing is a bit more than that. I'm not going to turn around and say hey I know a werewolf. Or I saw this. I'm not. I'm pretty much convinced of the fact that there could be mythical creatures out there. If they don't want to be found then of course, they won't be.

I don't know whether I've read too many sci-fi books or what.
    I guess where I'm going with all this is that I'm scared of sinking into my own little world.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you have a very vivid imagination which is not a wrong thing to have hun it has helped many people get through struggles in their lives Try though to keep in touch with what is happening around you and with people who can ground you to present and to reality hugs

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Beka. As long as you're able to ask that question about yourself, you're probably not lost in a world of your own. You likely do have a wonderful imagination and lots of curiosity if you are fascinated by the unexplained. The "big mysteries" in the world are often attributed to mystical/spiritual/godly beings/forces, magic, physics we don't understand yet, or just mere coincidence. I think everyone is entitled to their beliefs in such matters. (As long as we know where we are and what we're doing ourselves.) :)

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Beca, I have heard metaphysical teachers explain such things. I honestly do think these creatures or beings etc do exist. Perhaps not in the 3rd dimension. Or perhaps hidden etc. But yes I do think they exist. There is a website dedicated to spiritual and metaphysical. Its a huge website. I am sure they must have an area where they talk about such things. if you would like to pm me, I will give you the name of it. Its very normal really. not anything wierd or wacky. Well not as far as I am concerned, lol.

There is a book you might be interested in called otherkin. I also think they talk about werewolves in that. I think you can also read about it online. I have not read the book. But it sounds facinating. And I think the online info is also facinating. I think otherkin is a society of people who are part human and part something else. I have never been interested enough to look into it. But I do not doubt it is real.

I too find all this stuff facinating. I talk to angels and fairies and such. I feel sure that unicorns and other mystical creatures are very much alive and well. Just not visible to the human eye. Not in this 3rd dimension. So, if you are deluded, I am on the delusional bus right with ya :)