1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.


Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by wallflower, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallflower

    wallflower Well-Known Member

    Well, I was in a bad mood and I said something along "Don't talk to me!" or "Get out of my face!" He got really mad, he came towards me and charged at me and sort of cornered me, started yelling and so I slapped him. He then tried to hurt me and shook me, ended up throwing me against the wall. I had a big bruise on my head from it. I started shaking. He screamed, get out of my face! get out of my face! go to your room! I told him no. I wouldn't tolerate it, he kept saying how I was so out of line and everything...then my mom stood between us and told him no. I ran outside and he left the house.
    Later, we were "talking" about it. "You were out of line...I was angry and I just was fed up with it!" he says, my dad. Well every time things like this happen and he ends up physically hurting me he denies it- says he was either defending himself, pushed to his limits, and that he had every right to get angry. Like he's not in any control of his anger. Thats what makes me afraid of him. He does these things and says he has a right to and he will do it again. I don't know what to do. Sometimes it's for stupid things. Sometimes he says that I've "Attacked" him and he's a lot stronger than me. I can't handle it because one minute he's the nicest person in the world, he cares a lot and I feel like I can tell him anything- the next minute I'm on the floor crying because he's had some insane outburst. If anyone knows what I mean..I'd just like some advice, I can't tell him that he's wrong. I've actually tried to say that you aren't allowed to do this. I'm eighteen and technically I'm an adult, he shouldn't have the right to say- go to your room and stuff like that.
  2. thedeafmusician

    thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

    How are you doing now? I'm not too sure what to say. I guess... if you're an adult, move out. Then you don't have to see him as much. Although, its probably easier said than done too. You dont have to put up with it. You CAN put your foot down on it. Or maybe next time it happens, call the police. Stay safe.

  3. RunningAway

    RunningAway Well-Known Member


    I was sad to read what happened to you. Whatever age you are noone has the right to physically (or any other way) harm you. Please think about making sure you get as far away as possible from this person. You do not appear to be safe when you are near them. If you are in a position where he is harming you - please get help. One day he could go too far and do you some serious damage - believe me - from a voice of experience - that is not a place where you want to be. If you ever wish to talk I can listen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.