Depress, not suicidal.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by suicider628, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suicider628

suicider628 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have non-suicidal depression? I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore, but so many symptoms of depression remians, examples like no motivation, lost of interest, negalecting myself, SERIOUS PROCASTINATION and etc.

What can i do to get rid of all this bad stuff?

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Boy wouldn't it be different if I never had suicidal thoughts, then again if I wasn't depressed at all(something I pretty much have no recollection of) I'd probly be an entirely different person. I'd definately say you could have non-suicidal depression. meds could possibly help maybe? maybe some sought of therapy? I wouldn't really be able to help much there because I'm kind of struggling to keep it from clicking right into suicidal tendencies. I hope someone here is able to get you a bit more guidance :).

3. LivingOn

LivingOn Well-Known Member

You might be suffering from major depressive disorder, dysthymia, bipolar depression, or depression with psychotic features. Suicidal ideation does not need to be present in order to confirm a diagnosis of clinical depression. It would be helpful for you to see a therapist who could diagnose and treat your condition(s).

4. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I suffered from depression for 6 years before becoming suicidal, so yeah its definitely possible. As far as treatment goes, I think its pretty much the same, just more in moderation. Go and talk to your psych or pdoc to determine if you need medication. And don't downplay it, just because you don't have suicidal tendencies at the moment. It doesn't take depression long to escalate into suicidal ideation, so rather err on the side of caution and treat it every bit as serious as it is.

All the best!
    Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.