Depressed and lonely.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Rival, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rival

Rival Member

Hello there. My real name is Sergio and Im 30. I dont know where to start. Maybe I will not explain my whole situation on this thread, maybe later. For now, I just want to say it would be nice to have a place to visit have a talk. Im dealing with a terrible addiction and depression. Its very frustating for me to know Im literally killing my beloved parents with this situation. I just wish I could turn things around.

2 people like this.
  2. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Sergio, this is a very safe place to come talk about whatever's bothering you. No one judges each other here, and there a lot of people here who are also struggling with addiction and everyone is struggleing with some sort of depression, so never hesitate to reach out for help :)

3. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Hi Sergio welcome to the forum, this is a very safe place where no one judges each other. Many people here understand addiction and everyone understands feeling some form of depression. I believe there are sections on this site for every sort of bad situation, including addiction, and you can really post anywhere if you just need someone to talk to:)

4. sa-chan

sa-chan Active Member

Hi Sergio

Welcome to the forum! I am pretty new here too but I am sure that there are some nice people around (altough this is not something one should constantly take for granted when talking to others on the internet - be careful).
    I think opening up about your issues can be a really good big first step towards recovery and you may have found a great place to find people who will listen to your situation.
    Since you are anonymous on here and it is a place for people with issues sharing your feelings, it might be easier for you than in real life. Of course this doesn't solve all your problems, but it's a first step. I hope you will overcome your addictions and other issues and eventually become someone you are proud of being. It might not be easy, but it's never impossible.

Best,
    Sa-chan

2 people like this.
  5. Rival

Rival Member

Thank you all for answering me with such nice words :)
    Im seeing a doctor and its being helpful, even though I dont think it does most of the time (I force myself to remember this is just the depression trying to sabotage me) .

6. jlbArt

jlbArt Well-Known Member

Welcome

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Sergio. As others have already mentioned, you have come to the right place. We are a forum full of members willing to listen and share experiences that may be able to
    help you overcome some of the issues that lead you to find us. Take care. I look forward to hearing more from you around the forum.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Sergio and welcome to the forums. Some of us here have experience with addiction and of course depression so you have come to the right place. I hope you can get through this difficult time and we will help you through it.:)

9. Rival

Rival Member

Thank you all. I appreciate all your messages, it feels great to read some nice words, especially today as I am extremely suicidal. I cant stand this pain anymore. I have wasted my life and I am not who I supposed to be at this point. I am 30 and fell there is no hope. I will make a thread later with my history, so you can know a little about me. Having no friends is hard, especially for someone who always had many people around. But I decide to become recluse and I am paying the price. I did this because I felt I had no choice.

For now I just want to say thanks. I will be in touch. Have a nice day guys.

10. Aeneas

Aeneas Well-Known Member

Welcome buddy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.