Depressed and lonely.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Rival, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rival

Rival Member

Hello there. My real name is Sergio and Im 30. I dont know where to start. Maybe I will not explain my whole situation on this thread, maybe later. For now, I just want to say it would be nice to have a place to visit have a talk. Im dealing with a terrible addiction and depression. Its very frustating for me to know Im literally killing my beloved parents with this situation. I just wish I could turn things around.

2 people like this.
  2. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Sergio, this is a very safe place to come talk about whatever's bothering you. No one judges each other here, and there a lot of people here who are also struggling with addiction and everyone is struggleing with some sort of depression, so never hesitate to reach out for help :)

3. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Hi Sergio welcome to the forum, this is a very safe place where no one judges each other. Many people here understand addiction and everyone understands feeling some form of depression. I believe there are sections on this site for every sort of bad situation, including addiction, and you can really post anywhere if you just need someone to talk to:)

4. sa-chan

sa-chan Active Member

Hi Sergio

Welcome to the forum! I am pretty new here too but I am sure that there are some nice people around (altough this is not something one should constantly take for granted when talking to others on the internet - be careful).
    I think opening up about your issues can be a really good big first step towards recovery and you may have found a great place to find people who will listen to your situation.
    Since you are anonymous on here and it is a place for people with issues sharing your feelings, it might be easier for you than in real life. Of course this doesn't solve all your problems, but it's a first step. I hope you will overcome your addictions and other issues and eventually become someone you are proud of being. It might not be easy, but it's never impossible.

Best,
    Sa-chan

2 people like this.
  5. Rival

Rival Member

Thank you all for answering me with such nice words :)
    Im seeing a doctor and its being helpful, even though I dont think it does most of the time (I force myself to remember this is just the depression trying to sabotage me) .

6. jlbArt

jlbArt Well-Known Member

Welcome

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Sergio. As others have already mentioned, you have come to the right place. We are a forum full of members willing to listen and share experiences that may be able to
    help you overcome some of the issues that lead you to find us. Take care. I look forward to hearing more from you around the forum.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Sergio and welcome to the forums. Some of us here have experience with addiction and of course depression so you have come to the right place. I hope you can get through this difficult time and we will help you through it.:)

9. Rival

Rival Member

Thank you all. I appreciate all your messages, it feels great to read some nice words, especially today as I am extremely suicidal. I cant stand this pain anymore. I have wasted my life and I am not who I supposed to be at this point. I am 30 and fell there is no hope. I will make a thread later with my history, so you can know a little about me. Having no friends is hard, especially for someone who always had many people around. But I decide to become recluse and I am paying the price. I did this because I felt I had no choice.

For now I just want to say thanks. I will be in touch. Have a nice day guys.

10. Aeneas

Aeneas Well-Known Member

Welcome buddy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.