.. depressed and worried about court.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jessikah2k8, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessikah2k8

jessikah2k8 Well-Known Member

I'm taking my ex to court, to try and get him done for statutory rape, indecent assault and rape. He's admitted to the use of force and pressurising, but not "rape" which I don't understand, as that is basically rape.

I'm scared about court - scared of how his solicitor will make me sound. Probably like a slut. Probably as if I'm lying or bitter about the break up. I'm not - but I'll be extremely worried.

At the moment I'm so vulnerable; I'm on anti depressants, have major anxiety and self esteem issues. My confidence is rock bottom. I can't go out of the house without someone with me, as I think he's going to kill me or something. I am so scared of everything.

I'm really worried about court.

Will they really be harsh on me?

2. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Courts are adversarial. It is in their nature although I'm sure some level of sensitivity is employed in cases of this nature these days (though I don't know that for a fact).
    I can understand your concerns and I would suggest speaking to your legal representative and explaining to them exactly how you feel, i.e. why your'e asking, I can't imagine them being insensitive.
    If you're not comfortable with that you could try the Citizens Advice Bureaux (available in N.I? must be), they may be able to help you they have all sorts of experts, many qualified in law who volunteer for them. I've consulted thm before and always found them excellent.
    Asking questions may give you peace of mind or otherwise give you an idea of what to expect.
    Wiser to go emotionally steeled than 'blind' I'd say.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.