Depressed...Bills stacking, can't find full time work.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by earhoe00, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earhoe00

earhoe00 Member

It would be so easy if I had the courage to go away.

7 years ago one of my co-workers who was happily married lost his spouse to cancer. She worked at our company as well. He hid the pain good at work as I didn't notice too much change in him until our department got word he had taken his life. I guess the financial burdens and losing his spouse was too much for him and he shot himself. Believe he was only 28 at the time.

At that period I often wondered how anyone could take their life.....

Fast forward today and I feel like I am under the same burdens. It would be so easy.

2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your economic situation is causing you such pain, mine isn't so great either

I'm here to listen (read) whatever you need to say

I care

This site is full of caring people, who can give you support and encouragement

Keep posting, please, you are important and so is what you have to say

3. Soldier_Medic

Soldier_Medic New Member

You might be interested in a Career within the United States Army.

4. earhoe00

earhoe00 Member

Am too old for the army, I am 42 years of age. I barely made rent last month and finding no luck this month as I send resume after resume. I am single now sharing a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 other strangers I don't know as we split rent and utilities otherwise I could very well be living off the street. Can't believe I am even talking about being "homeless". Are you kidding me!!! Years ago often wondered how anyone could find themselves homeless but have realized just how quick financial situations can change.

I used to be on salary making a comfortable living enjoying the luxuries in life. Now? It's gotten so bad, in order to ensure I have a roof over my head each month I have resorted to pawning luxury items that are not part of the basic essentials. My PS3, sold. My TV, sold. My stereo system sold. My Ipod touch, sold My laptop may be next in line. Sad fucking life!

I live in the midwest, winters are harsh. If I end up rock bottom living off the street with winter coming I guess nature will eventually end this sad existence.

On one of the unemployment forums a moderator had stickied a suicide help thread. Never thought much about it at the time but as my situation continues to deteriorate it's obvious why death and finances work hand in hand.

5. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Life wouldn't be so interesting without struggles that arise at unpredictable times. As you search for work in this economic tumult, see if there are any of life's priceless luxuries that you can enjoy in the meanwhile.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Don't let this economic downturn cause you to take your life. It's not the end of the world. A lot of people are having a difficult time finding a decent job. I think we're just being forced to live more modest lives and avoid taking on too much debt. Don't give up man.

7. earhoe00

earhoe00 Member

The day I get kicked out is the day it will be over for me. Was doing research on tenants rights and it stated the landlord will give you a 5 day notification. if you are not out of the place by then the cops will come and force you out. I assume I will either be asked to move my leftover items (clothes, bed, etc.) personally or it will be forcibly moved.

If that day of reckoning comes my items will be on the sidewalk as I can't afford to store them as I sit in my car in the winter, slowly dying of the cold. Or I just simply end my struggles fast with minimal pain. Will have to be a cheap ending cause I don't have the finances to buy a gun.

Wow this is so depressing. It's just unbelievable my life has come down to this. Pathetic

8. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Are you in a city that has homeless shelters? Not the most ideal, but better than freezing to death. I've even heard of some churches that may allow someone to sleep in the building, if the pastor is asked. Try the Red Cross or Salvation Army, too. And depending on where you live, the county may have resources, but you have to be your advocate and search them out. Difficult, I know.

I care. You can PM me anytime, I'm not on the computer all day, but when I am, PMs and emails are what I check first, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

9. earhoe00

earhoe00 Member

There is absolutely no way I am going to a homeless center (no disrespect to the homeless). It's just pointless. iF the day of reckoning comes and I am on my last few days here (final notice), will let you know as I will be on the local news. Maybe I should attack the cops with a kitchen knife as they come into my room and make them shoot me in self defense, that would be a quickey. Did you see that guy in LA, the gun man basically asking to be killed as he was shooting at people at the intersection. He went through with it...

Pathetic, so pathetic....still can't believe this shit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.