Depressed college student

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being in college I don't have any health insurance. I know I'm depressed and even attempted suicide but I don't have a lot of money and don't know how I could even get treatment. Is there anything I could do to get treatment or other alternatives?

Lead Savior

I am in the same boat. My wisdom teeth are kicking my ass but I can't afford the $1500 bill for removal/cavity filling, so I just kill tons of aspirin.

Esmeralda

Does your college have a doctor's office? Usually they are pretty cheap, at least, compared to the usual avenues. Also, can you get a job that has benefits?

Howdy peach333,

I am going to college too - I'm in super-senior status. I found out that my college had a counseling and disability office where I could get free counseling - they really helped me out. I am sure your college would have a similar office, almost all colleges have a counseling office (don't know about small, or 2 year colleges, they probably have them too though). Sometimes they are difficult to get into but they can help you immensely once you get into see them - usually you can find their number on the colleges website or through the colleges student health center.

If your feeling depressed enough to attempt suicide I would highly recommend getting into seeing the counselor at your school as soon as possible - I know it isn't easy, but they can really help you out, and give you options that you might not have thought about. I failed a semester at the college I go to, they helped me take the failing semester off my permanent record and got me help and counseling.

If you ever need to talk or vent or if your feeling suicidal - feel free to PM me - I know how hard college can be and it sounds like you've been struggling with this for a while. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00