Depressed, disappointed and trying to wait

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Anneinside, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

I have another 3 days to wait. Doesn't sound like much but when you are disappointed and depressed waiting that long for relief is too much. I saw my pdoc on Tuesday and I agreed to wait until Friday for ECT instead of Wednesday. I was going downhill but only mildly, not moderate. So, today I got a call, which I missed, that said the pdoc doing ECT tomorrow can't do it so did I mind if I waited until Monday... as if I had a say in the matter. I am ready to cry and throw something which I have never done. I have been counting the days since Tuesday, knowing I would have relief on Friday. Now I have a long weekend to get through as I have nothing going on tomorrow or the rest of the weekend. For the first time in a long time I am thinking about self harm, wanting it, not doing it.

I know the pdoc must have a good reason to cancel but it doesn't make it any better. I hate this.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Dam hun i know that disappointment of getting your hopes up then to have it delayed hugs to you. Is there anyway you can go stay with a friend until Monday hun Call someone to come over to keep you occupied Maybe go shopping get out of the house a bit okay Do something kind nice for you okay
    I hope Monday comes quickly hun and no more cancellations hang on okay it will happen just try to keep busy hugs
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I suppose that the health care bureaucracy is unavoidable, but when it malfunctions a lot of people suffer.

can you call them back and tell them what is going on? hopefully they can do something for you to help you get through until monday. I don't know if they will or not, but it might be worth a try

I don't know, maybe crying and throwing something might make you feel better?

if you keep talking here, that might help

you could vent all of your feelings here and also on the "let it all out" forum

I hope that something helps and that you can make it through to monday
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.