Depressed first time

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Caposeta, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caposeta

Caposeta New Member

Hi,

This is mt first time on a forum like this. Things in my life have gone so far enough, that I have no other choice than to seek alternative help.

I don't know where to start. I am quite sure I am depressed. I feel weak, hopeless and lost the point and beauty in life. I do understand why it is so, but the problem is that I don't see any chances for change soon. And that is what bothers me. I feel lost.

The worst thing about this is that I feel like I have almost no one to talk about my problems. My parents whom I am visiting for Christmas now are always to busy and unwilling to listen to my problems. My lovely girlfriend tries hard with medium success. My friends seam not to notice or even care about my thoughts.

Most of my young life (20) I have been trying hard to learn more and achieve more to get noticed and appreciated by my close ones. Without success. And even though I am doing pretty well for my age, I do not get that bit of appreciation. What's the point? Do I have to feel like this forever?

2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Hey there!
    Welcome to the forums~ I'm new as well, and only a year older than you!

I think that depression is alot more common than we think. Most people won't come out and say it because they are ashamed, or they don't recognize what they are feeling as depression.
    So I think that feeling this way is fairly normal... and many people can get over it.

Medication works for some people- therapy works for others; but I think that everyone has to accept themselves for who they are and make a change in their lifestyle.
    You need to think about the things in your life that give you stress, and the things that you enjoy... try making a list of each of the things and take a good look at it. If there are stressful things that you can eliminate; do it. If you've been curious about something but never had the chance to try it- you should give it a go!
    Being so young, we have plenty of opportunity to completely change our life plans if we feel we want to.

Don't give up hope though, because there are many people just like you out there. Just keep on trying!
    I think that posting on this forum is a good start.
    (it's so much easier to give advice than to take it yourself... -__-)

3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

hi
    how are you?
    Merry Christmas & welcome to SF :) many people here like you & they are so helpful...hope you feel better soon..
    take care :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.