depressed for unknown reason?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by unknown loner, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unknown loner

unknown loner Active Member

has this happened to anyone else? its been happening to me for past couple weeks but i cant figure out why. i just need to know if im not the only person and if im not crazy.

2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

its been the case with me for years. got away from the causes, but i still wish i was dead... youre not alone, but a doctor could diagnose you better.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

DEpression comes on for no reason it seems sometimes it could be the meds your on have stopped working The chemicals in your brain is not at the right level Hormones can bring on depression if they are out of wack. Your not crazy many time i will just start crying for no dam reason at all just look like a complete fool. The trick is not to stay there for long try to get yourself out of that space quickly because the longer your there the harder it is to get out.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Plenty of people are depressed for no reason, it could be an underlying reason from your childhood or it could be that you've been depressed for so long you have forgotten why or it could even be a form of mental illness or a clinical imbalance.

In any case the best thing we can all do is learn how to cope. Coping mechanisms are really the way forward if you don't feel that this will ever go away completely. I don't. I fear I have been depressed too long and I just always will be.
    All I want to do is learn how to cope with it and learn how not to become suicidal during the bad times. :(

5. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

You aren't alone. I am diagnosed with Major Depressive, and honestly don't have any reason to be.

*edited* Because what I was saying was messed up.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  6. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Situational & "True" Depression don't determine anything... depression is depression, whether or not there is a distinctual reasoning behind it. Just because someone has discovered the reason behind their depression doesnt mean it's not "True" depression ... that's kind of harsh to say that...

7. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I am not sure what I was trying to say to be honest. Not that they are any less. Sorry if it came off harsh. It really wasn't meant to be.

8. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Its ok: I'm sorry too, I'm just b*tchy & not feeling good tonight

9. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

It's common.

10. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Happens with me all the time, even in the middle of class, work, or some other activity. It kicks in like a random illness, and indeed it foes have a biological basis, which may explain your situation.

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You're not crazy! Perhaps its a chemical imbalance? :dunno:
    Probably something to talk to your doctor about.

12. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

I'm with you, so no, you're not alone.
    Now it's more a 23/7 (there's the odd 'not wanting to die' hour) but it began as an on and off thing. Suppose you could call it 'situational depression'. I was fine with other people, but as soon as I was alone I'd find myself back in hell.

Hope things turn out better rather than worse though :)

13. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

I hear you on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.