Depressed? Were you raised in a major religion?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Troubled2008, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troubled2008

Troubled2008 Well-Known Member

Anyone who is hopelessly depressed and clinging to their major childhood religion... I beckon you to question that and move on.

I got sucked into the horrible depression and worthlessness which I now associate with Christianity. Then I wondered if I should seek some other major religion. I ultimately decided on Satanism. I got SO depressed trying to seek religion. I guess I got to know too many people who were weak and sick. I wanted to relate to them. To their worthlessness and self-disregard. Just so I could be like them I guess. I always felt people were generally faithless and ill. Eventually, I became like they are.

Don't get sucked into their sadness. It is really "you" and "them" in this life. All the sad people will suck you into their sad world. It doesn't matter why they are sad... They usually worship some sad religion. And if you have too many feelings, you will be sucked in and believe that you should also be sad. And they'll tell you to worship their gods of unfaith and sadness.

Forget all of them. Forget the sad people who have made you sad or suicidal. Forget their world. Forget their gods. Find your own path.
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

But I take pride in the Irish doesn't really work for me. But I love the message man. No need to hold onto religious baggage if it makes you blue.
  3. Troubled2008

I'm very dissident and angry that I was born a Christian with an atheist father... I lived through all the real hard times-- teenage life... beyond... in a tough town... lots of violence, crooked cops... Threatened with death many times, I was......

After many years of life..... And after my own security through a good job and money... I quit that job because I thought it was ripping off the customers..... I thought.... about the Christian ideas.

I have never been sadder ever. I'm not a depressed person at all usually. But I wanted to do something better with my life. I figured since I was raised in the Christian church, that I should quit this job to prove to the world and everyone and the gods that I was a good Christian....

I have never been sadder in my life. I ruined my life by doing this.

Even though I seek the peace of Buddism, I honestly pray and hope that all Christian people suffer and die horrible deaths. Same for Muslims. Or any commercialized major religion. It doesn't matter anyway. We are all going to die and go to Hell. You cannot escape your fear of death.

I escaped it many years ago. But just by saying that, I would expect that 98% of people would have fear run through their bodies. I laugh at this.

In this time, I feel anxiety and feel that God/the gods are angry. I feel that something worse than 9/11 will happen soon or within two years. I hope it doesn't but I cannot myself put out the anger of God.

I feel that the anger of the gods or God is only rising further in this time. I think they are going to get so sick of people that they actually might destroy the whole Earth. Maybe that's what the whole 2012 thing is about. I'm all cool with it because I've always been a servant so I'm fine with that. But I can feel their anger with all the war and all the stuff that has been going on. I can feel in my bones the anger of the gods rising....
  4. jameslyons

weren't you muslim yesterday lol
  5. Troubled2008

You have just been awarded the most aware and up-to-date reader of Suicide Forum. YES!!! You're right!! I've been in question of all these things!!

But.... although I have been quickly changing between beliefs........

then nothing...

I have been changing between the beliefs rapidly, trying to decide what's right for ME.

Good job on the uh... detail stuff.... In my last responce in a different post, I decided the gods are angry. But you can never tell what they are doing.... so...... I think the energy-world is all angry right now..... confused...... I think the gods are going to do something bad in the next two years... something horrible like 9/11... I think they are angry.
  6. jameslyons

Gods , if they exist, are cynical absurdists.

Douglas Adams is my book of revelations
  7. Troubled2008

I am a non-professional psychic. Mark my words-- There will be a terror attack soon. Not in the West. An ocean away.

I also love Douglas Adams.
  8. Troubled2008

I'm a non-professional psychic. Watch for a terror event soon. Not in Europe or North America. I can see the people who plot this. It will be in the Middle East. Watch the news for a few weeks. You will see that what I say will be true.
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I find it interesting Troubled, the title for your thread was implying and your first post went on to imply that a religious background, in particular Christianity will cause depression.

I too am Catholic. I too believe that if religion or food, or pets, or a spouse or your work, your playtime, your music, your friends, your enemies, your doctor, your lawyer, your teacher, your policeman, your fireman, your postman, your landlord, your bill collector, your accountant, your mayor, your govenor, bringing your down and causing depression, then that should be put aside until one learns how to deal with the disease. thought process is just the opposite in this sense. My religion helps me with my depression. My Higher Power, whom I call God, is also helping me with my alcoholism.

So for me, I would never blame religion for my depression, rather I am using my faith in helping me climb out of it.

But hey, whatever port in a storm. So if someone can find safe harbor by not having faith, who am I to tell them differently.

I have another question for you though. MY 11 year old boy is Christian. So in my 15 year old daughter. You dont know them or me. My children have never hurt anyone. My children only want to do what is right and be happy in their lives, like everyone else.

So why do you want them to die?

You said and I quote. "I honestly pray and hope that all Christian people suffer and die horrible deaths."

Really, you want my kids to die? You want me to die? What about my Mom, should she die too?

It's that kind of sick arrogance, that really angers me.

I mean WTF...ok so you like Satan, or whatever your choice is for the day....who are you to condemn a whole group of people, based on one thing. Isnt that being racist? Are you then no different from the Nazi pukes who slaughtered countless millions of people, because of their faith.

I spit on you.
  10. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Worthless crap like this thread belongs in the Soap Box. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  11. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Quite frankly I agree with the last two posts. If you are trying to help other members then maybe cut out all the religious banter. Doesnt matter if you believe or not. Doesnt matter if you're Catholic, Christian, Islam, Buddha, or satan worshipper. Pain is pain and people are coming here to find help, suggestions and most of all support. Telling them to just walk away from something that may of been the only thing in their lives that may have kept them holding on is simply ridiculous. I'm glad it has worked for you. But maybe try helping others with your actual life experiences hun. And to say you wish a certain group of people death.... that's just plain shit. You say that religion ruined your life? Wanting an entire grouip of people dead because of their religious beliefs is just a sad and unhealthy way to think. Religion and politics are two subjects that are best left out of most conversations least of all a place like SF. Please mods/admin move this to soap box where it wont be so sensitively interpreded.
  12. alexander01

alexander01 Active Member

Reading this thread is exasperating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.