Depressed when looking in the mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynot

Does anyone else become instantly depressed when they look at themselves in the mirror? I would avoid it all together if I could. It's strange because sometimes I think I look ok but most of the time I look like either a walking corpse or a fat butch lesbian. I wish I could pull off the whole crusty dreadlocked unhygienic look so that I wouldn't have to look at my ugly face and body each morning. My face is flaking severely with xerosis at the moment as well.

ace

Does anyone else become instantly depressed when they look at themselves in the mirror? I would avoid it all together if I could. It's strange because sometimes I think I look ok but most of the time I look like either a walking corpse or a fat butch lesbian. I wish I could pull off the whole crusty dreadlocked unhygienic look so that I wouldn't have to look at my ugly face and body each morning. My face is flaking severely with xerosis at the moment as well.
Yes I feel quite repulsed it's because of my obsession with myself and the bdd I suffer from.:sad:

jupiter202

Some days I am DISGUSTED by my reflection, completely disgusted. I can rip myself to pieces. Other days I feel like, ok..whatever Im fine. Other days I dont recognize the girl I see at all. Its so weird....up and down....

whynot

I just looked again. I look like I should be entombed somewhere or made into marshmallow pudding. I wish I didn't have to interact with people in order to live sufficiently. Whats worse is I was fairly popular and regarded as attractive when I was a teenager (but ugly as a young child) so I know how differently people treat you when you're attractive than when you're ugly.

Erebos

I rest my hand on the mirror and my reflection mimics me. I stare blankly at him; he stares back. I ask him "who are you?" yet he does not answer me.

bono

I would have to agree that I get depressed if I don't spend enough time looking at myself in the mirror. I try to schedule a 1/2 hour a day when I can admire myself in the mirror.

~Bono the uppity Canadian with a floppy head and beady little eyes

It's hard for me to look at myself now- because of the treatment we tried I ended up losing most of my hair...and shaved the rest. I still see my face but i look empty somehow now. I loved my hair-maybe thats vain but its not fair. I don't like myself now, all I see is whats missing. I see the ugly and the unfamiliar

Evo_L

I get very depressed from this, I can't see myself ever getting over it. It's only till I take my shirt off and look in the mirror I realise how terrible I look and I can't get over feeling totally helpless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00