depressing music

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anony, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anony

anony Member

Hi. I am listening to depressing music. It has managed to bring up tons of bad emotions for me.

Not sure why I am posting here, I am realizing that I don't quite understand this. Do we take comfort in the responses we get, just knowing someone cares? I guess I first posted hoping to experience some sort of relief. I didn't experience any. I've tried a little posting in other peoples threads, it's nice trying to help other people. I think I do maybe feel a little relief, not based on any responses I may or may not get, but just knowing that someone will read what I've said, nothing more.

I really hate society. The clever few tricked the rest to be their willing slaves. 99% of all wealth is owned by 1% of the population. Things are kept in check through mass distraction. With all the knowledge and resources that we as humans possess, it's pretty amazing how inefficient and useless we are. I read that everyday 16,000 children starve to death, while we sit and destroy ourselves with cigarettes, alcohol, obesity, watching CNN, hearing about some politicians sex life while we struggle to afford our addictive distractions.

I really think a lot of my depression roots from the things I've perceived around me in my life. Maybe all the horrible things that happen to me wouldn't seem so bad, if the world was a little brighter. We are suppose to be empathetic beings, how can we be happy with all the horrible things happening around us? Maybe a happy life is created from ignorance and selfishness.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I've just read all you said so I hope it offers you some comfort......
    some very scarey facts you presented..
    I believe that if someones taken the time to answer a post it means they care..

Maybe a happy life is created from ignorance and selfishness.

don't they say>"ignorance is bliss"
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey anony,
    Just want you to know that you have been heard... I don't have any answers for you because I don't understand this screwed up world we live in anymore than you do..I was always told do unto others what you would want done to you.. What a crock!! I have been used and abused all my life..I have only two friends outside of the forum.. One lives in Chicago, and the other in Scotland and we have never met in person.. I have plenty of friends here at the forum..I'm sure with a little time you too will make friends here..Take care!!:eek:ld:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.