Depression and Anger

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Krow1125, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krow1125

Krow1125 Member

I really did not know where else to put this but i'm feeling kind of depressed and because of that, i'm feeling very angry. Things were going well for a while until I heard a joking comment about how I haven't done anything for my future. Now I've been so depressed that I really want to bash somebody's head in with a can. Is this normal to feel this angry while depressed?
  2. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

It is very normal to get angry when you are depressed! I get that way sometimes myself, and it becomes a cycle for me. I'm depressed because I didn't do something and get mad about it at myself, then I'm depressed that I'm mad at myself. I think what we have to do, it learn to let whatever it is we didn't do, or whatever someone else did, go. And its hard to do that most times.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I read somewhere that anger just another form of sadness of depression and it is a cycle lots of us go through the anger then depression It is the anger that pulls me out of the depressed state but it get so tiring it depletes you
    The best way is to get therapy to find the underlying cause of the sadness the anger and heal them both together hugs
  4. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I do get angry alot as well angry at comments people have saud to me,anger because some people have been more fortunate and angry because I hate the way I am.I understand what it's like to be angry and depressed.
  5. Krow1125

Krow1125 Member

I hate life so much. My friend made a comment about how i'm doing nothing and it brought back my thoughts of me doing nothing with my life. And now my girlfriend is pissed/depressed about school and I can't do anything to help her so now i'm miserable and this is the second day in a row i've decided to punch the stone walls in the bathroom stalls. My knuckles are dark blue and red.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.