depression and incap

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ZERO2008, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZERO2008

    ZERO2008 Well-Known Member

    i feel i dnt deserve incap benefit as people are worse than me, besides il have to go back on crappy jobseekers with all the idiot 18-24 yr olds and im 25 plus jobseekers is crap i get more on incap cos im depressed i dunno if i can claim it forever, but i suffer from epilepsy autism and depression and im scared if i go to doctor to try and get meds he will take me off incap i cant remember how long ive been on it but i dnt get sick notes or nothing anymore i dnt have to take them to nobody
  2. ZERO2008

    ZERO2008 Well-Known Member

    i GET £150.80 every 2 weeks which i think is £75.40 weekly which is incap benefit short-term (higher) IB is paid from weeks 29 to 52 i just checked me bank statement
  3. plates

    plates Well-Known Member

    You might not feel like you deserve IB but benefits are helpful to get HB if you want are looking to rent privately.

    I suggest you also look into claiming Income Support and DLA.

    Do the DLA first, and then you might be entitled to Income Support.

    Reading your health/housing situation, you could try and claim DLA. You do have to fill out that form as how you are at your worst. If you need any help you could go to your local Welfare Rights Officer or CAB or something similar who'd advise you better.

    Going to the doctor to get medicine won't effect your benefits.

    You don't need to get sick notes after you're on IB for a while, so don't worry about that.

    Good luck. You're going through a lot right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.