Depression and now retinal detachment

mpk

I have a detached retina. Have to have surgery on Monday and then at least a week lying on stomach in bed with face flat for 23 hours a day. I am depressed already and not sure I can do this. I am also now worried about the time I have to spend away from work as I have only been there a little over a year, 1 week of PTO, they don't provide sick time. I wish I would just die.

Sorry that this is happening.

Have you told work about this already? Maybe there is some chance they won't object, or won't object enough for it to jeopardize your job.

I'm not sure if it would help to tell your doctor about your concerns about this, but maybe.

I hope it all works out.

mpk

Sorry that this is happening.

Have you told work about this already? Maybe there is some chance they won't object, or won't object enough for it to jeopardize your job.

I'm not sure if it would help to tell your doctor about your concerns about this, but maybe.

I hope it all works out.[/QUOTE

may71, thanks for response. I have let my supervisor's at work know. I have also sent an email to HR yet she has not responded. My supervisor's said that I will not be terminated but I have had that happen before because of illness. I have short term and long term disability through work but of course when I try to look up the requirements on the company pay site there is nothing. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see if HR responds but at this time I will only be allowed to get up for 10 minutes every hour. This really sucks.

mpk

Surgery is done can’t see and now owe 3800.00 for my portion. This does not include the anesthesia cost.
Depressed because even with insurance you’re in danger of not being able to get medical care. The system is rigged and gives the poor no chance of decent health care

That's awful that you still have to pay that much even with insurance.

I'm not sure 211 could help, but maybe?

I hope you'll be able to make a full recovery soon.

mpk

That's awful that you still have to pay that much even with insurance.

I'm not sure 211 could help, but maybe?

I hope you'll be able to make a full recovery soon.
may71. It is a reflection of how messed up America’s healthcare system is. I am going to ask the providers for a discount. We shall see

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00