Depression and sexual abuse.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Danialla, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

I was sexually abused by my step brother when he was a teenager. This whole "Dugger" issue has brought all the bad feelings back. I am beginning to feel suicidal again and I am having ECT every 2 weeks. I shouldn't be having these thoughts while I am having ECT! I don't know who to tell. I really don't WANT to tell anybody. I think I just want to be swallowed up by my thoughts. I need help but don't want to bother anyone and really don't want to talk about it. Help me please.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You do need to talk to someone ok hun talk to your doctor and your nurses let them know that those thoughts are coming back so you can get the support you need and deserve hugs

3. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

I took a few klonopin and have a tall glass of wine, hopefully I will fall asleep. I think I am going to call my therapist but I have an appt on the 9th. ECT on the 10th. It feels so surreal....I hate these feelings.

4. Starting Over

Starting Over Active Member

You DESERVE happiness! And I'm sure the people around you agree! Please reach out to them. Sexual abuse is extremely traumatic and you shouldn't face this alone. And even if you don't want to talk to your family, reaching out to people on this forum is a great start. We care! I hope you are feeling better and feel free to reach out if you are struggling or just need to talk!

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

As you probably already know, drinking with klonopin is dangerous and can cause black outs, you need to find healthy ways of coping. You're a great person with enormous strength and I think you can get through this :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.