Depression? Anxiety? What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirikun

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this... But I'm just completely confused as to what's wrong with me (and I have not yet had any professional help).

Of course the reason I'm here is because of my continuous suicidal thoughts and self harm, but I don't really feel... Sad or distressed. Sometimes I just suddenly want to kill myself, almost like I'm in some sort of trance-like state.

When I tell people about my suicidal tendencies they instantly seem to assume I'm ''depressed'' or ''anxious''. I'm not even quite sure what this means (outside of their simple definitions). Can someone explain these terms to me? Can one have depression or anxiety without being particularly sad?

Thanks for reading!

doityourself

My depression/anxiety comes out in many forms.

Self Hate
Suicide thoughts
Anger
Pity
sadness
paranoia
panic

and much more, I would say dont listen to anyones diagnoses if they are not a doctor. I have had depression since I was 13 but have had many years where I wasnt sad, if that makes any sense.

aoeu

Depression is more marked by negativity and little energy than sadness as such. The lack of hope from the negativity can cause both sadness and suicidal thoughts.

Anxiety should not be related to suicidal thoughts, it's just having unimportant things preoccupying you with worry. Anxiety should not lead to sadness either, though its negative impact on your quality of life can help it along.

doityourself

Anxiety should not be related to suicidal thoughts, it's just having unimportant things preoccupying you with worry. Anxiety should not lead to sadness either, though its negative impact on your quality of life can help it along.
I disagree, my anxiety brings on alot of my depression and my suicide thoughts, maybe if my anxiety wasnt so bad, i could go out and meet friends, maybe if I had friends, i wouldnt be so depressed. My anxiety also plays alot into my everyday activities, without my anxiety life would be so much easier, I wouldnt question alot that I do now and the questions are what brings on my depression.

Then again maybe if I wasnt depressed I wouldnt have anxiety.

To me it all plays into eachother, these mental diseases.

aoeu

I meant directly. Your anxiety is not your depression nor the direct cause of your suicidal thoughts. However, your quality of life is low because of anxiety which leads to depression which leads to suicidal thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00