"DEPRESSION" By: Kirk "Kirkuleze" Moore

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Kirkuleze, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirkuleze

Kirkuleze New Member

My tears keep falling to the depths of nowhere

There's no light at the end of my tunnel for me to stare

I reach out my heart, to help quide my way

Only to continue to trip on my problems of yesturday

I try to get up, but I can't seem to move

When I try to successfully crawl over my despair, I always lose

People are quick to judge, when they don't know how I truly feel

I try to appear happy, just to appease them, but the emotion is never real

I'm hurting so badly, even though my chest beats, my heart is nowhere to be found inside

I feel like I've been in a terrible accident, where I survived, but my soul died

There are day's when I'm so down, I don't want to get out of bed

Most of the time, I feel like I'm in a coma, and I'm living in my head

There are day's when I'm happy, but the feeling doesn't last for very long

The saying is true for me, “If anything can go wrong, will go wrong”

when I feel like I'm finally coming out of my darkness, something always turns out the light

It's like searching for, and finding happiness, is too bright

I exist alone, although the room is completely occupied

Lately, only one eye has shed tears, when I cried

My other eye, was cried out, when my heart went away

My life is tired, and wants to go where all lonely souls lay

I hope after I'm dead, someone will look at me, and learn a life changing lesson

Suicide is not the way, I should have killed DEPRESSION

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Kirkuleze - that's an amazing piece of poetry there, hun and a warm welcome to SF :) Especially the last line. Yes, I have known that too..... "I must kill this depression, I must find a way," etc. etc. Suicide is not the answer, we know that deep inside, there has to be another way, a ladder I have not known about or seen before.........

It is possible Kirk, I know that it is possible. It's a journey, a daily thing,........ but it is still real even if a slow process. The problem is when we are suicidal it is impossible to grasp the truth of this. But it is possible to learn how to start to grasp the truth of it. Sometimes we have to take our thinking right back to ground zero and start building it up again from there - using different bricks.

3. TommyTwinCams

TommyTwinCams Member

I do my own fair share of writing (though I don't do poetry. I like it but can't write it. I have tremendous respect for those that can write poetry), mostly essays and storys. One of my dreams is to become an automotive journalist, but enough about me.
    Your piece here is amazing. Truly a work of art. And it deeply delves into the mind of someone depressed. Someone once told me "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem,". I found the light at the end of the tunnel. It may be hard to see. Maybe the lights from a nearby city are obstructing a view of the stars. There is always an obstacle blocking the light from you that you must overcome. Just bear with it, and I promise things will get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.