Depression can be good

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I am very happy that i have depression, because i can finally see my mistakes, and i finaly realize that i have nothing. So i think that after 6 months of mild to moderate depression (my mood swings all the time, one week i am extremly depressed, next 7 days i will be only mildly, etc...)
    i finnaly found exit. Yes, i think i did. After 6 months in darkness i can see light. However, its gonna be hard as hell to reach that light, overcome depression and change so many things.
    On, and on Monday i will stop visiting my schrink, i dont need him... Thank god i didnt start to take pills...
  2. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

Thats really good news, it good that you have seen a way forward, a way out of the darkness that is depression, that can be a long and tiring journey

Why do you want to stop seeing your skrink ? surely you have come this far togther, made at least a little progress, why would you want to stop that just when things are getting better for you, ok today it's not needed, but what a bout tomorrow and the next day and the day after that, ok you might well not need a shrink at all, but its nice to have some place you can go and dump stuff that going round in your head, even if you don't really need it, just for now, even if you just use them to bounce ideas off, to get ideas from, a sort of safety net, just untill the light is a little closer, may be just for a couple of months, a bit like having training wheels on a bike, you keep them for a while, until they start to get in the way.

It's up to you, you know how you feel, just give it a little thought, just for now.
  3. Hurted...

I too agree with Fatman (hate typing that word!!! Can't find another? I myself am "spatially challenged" :biggrin:)

To see a light at the end of the tunnel is such a wonderful thing (i know) when you could never ever imagine you might ever be near enough to reach it! But healing is a process - and I would not personally recommend cutting yourself off from further ongoing support. I kept mine in place for quite a while after I had begun my own healing (and there were several of them in fact). The journey of being able to stand on your feet once again is also a process. And each one I eventually left behind felt like it's own "graduation", and another step up and forward. I truly savoured & appreciated each one!

I would kindly suggest you "indulge" in this too! (be good to yourself) :smile:
  4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Lol thanks:)
    About schrink, i change my mind lol:)

Well the problem was that i am visiting schrink for almost 3 months and all the time she was only asking me about my past etc... But now she finnaly said that we can start teraphy (i know i didnt spell i right:))
  5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

You know what i hate about schrinks?
    That they ask you stuff about past... she wants to know everything bout my parents, she even wants to know how often i mastrubate and stuff like this... i mean what the hell does this have to do with depression?
    SO i have to seriously think if i still want to visit schrink...
  6. Yeah...I know it can seem frustrating - even stupid. But you did not - nor did anyone else EVER become who they are and how they are in an instant. We are all made up of countless experiences that have shaped us - some good, some bad - and often, many that we are not even aware of, do not think about, may have forgotten, or have even purposely buried...

It's about how we were treated, what we were taught - about others as well as ourselves - how we view the world, how we are in private, how we reacted to our experiences (good ones & bad ones)...what we believe (rightly or falsely). We do not often know ourselves well enough to be able to cope with such things as, for instance, depression (let alone all the reasons it can happen)...and the help we find in others, such as your shrink, is like a guide through the journey. The best ones are really only trying to make a map - of you! (and I bet you're fascinating too! :wink:)

Here's a song - just for you! :smile:

Peter Gabriel - "Diggin' in the Dirt"...
  7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

thanks for posting this:)
    I will think about it:)
  8. It really is like an adventure when someone walks alongside of the path you have traveled in your life...don't give up yet! :smile:

You can go to some very interesting places...(be open)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.