Depression due to lack of money

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by shub11, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

I am currently working in a normal average paying job. But all my friends and relative have made it big in their life and are earning a hell lot then me. I am currently very depressed due to this lack of money , even unable to marry because I am not earning top dollars . I am depressed like anything what should I do ?

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

The simplest bit of advice and the most obvious is that you could always go back to school and take a course in a field that will let you earn more money or simply change jobs now to one that currently meets your academic qualifications if you are not happy with how much you are earning now.

Money is not everything in life, though. It's what you do with your life that matters most, after all.

3. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

Thanks for the advice although these are the mos obvious steps :zombie:

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

A lot of the time the most obvious steps are the ones worth pursuing.

5. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

Any suggestions on what shall I do with my life....
    I mean what should I try to pursue which could divert my thoughts from this depression and make me feel more worthy ... (I can not do social service)

6. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

answers needed..............

7. rzph

rzph New Member

I'm a little confused. Why is it that you need to earn 'top dollars' in order to get married? Is it because the cost of living where you live is incredibly high or simply that you FEEL you need to earn top dollars in order to be worthy of marriage? For starters, women attracted only to money and/or a successful image are no good. Furthermore, to earn very high incomes often involves long hours and lots of effort which can dampen the quality of married home life (neglected spouse/kids etc.). Personally, I don't see how an average working income wouldn't be able to support an average partner and average family life. Of course you won't be able to have a trophy 'Barbie' as a wife or multiple mansions but that doesn't mean you can't be happy. At the root of it, I think you just have to recognize there will ALWAYS be people doing better than you and people that are doing worse. I would advise you to simply look to find and only marry someone that loves you for you first and foremost, not for how big your paycheque is.

8. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

I've got this in spades. My husband killed himself and left me financially ruined. Then along came the current political and economic climate which has taken the rest. I expect to be homeless soon. I can't even afford food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.