Depression eating my soul.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by cows4u, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cows4u

cows4u Member

Sometimes getting out of bed seems like too big of a task. I'm running out of excuses to get up.

What do you do when you feel too low to move?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Been there sometimes it takes awhile before you have energy to do anything.
    You need to call someone to get out with a friend Visit a relative Phone you therapist let know how your feeling. Listen to happy music Phone crisis line tell them you need help. Do something that will make you happy shopping watching children play at a park. I know you feel drained but drag yourself out of the bed and at least go for a walk a coffee. It won't be easy but do it get out and exercise fresh air shower force yourself take one step at a time.
    On you on antidepressants ask your therapist about them or your doctor.
    Take care but reach out okay get yourself outside you can do it.
  3. the_juggalo

the_juggalo Account Closed

mine are personal and can be put in terms as a trigger so yeh
  4. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

Most days getting out of bed is a huge task for me. I know I have absolutely nothing to look forward to except more pain throughout the day. When I feel too low to move, I don't. Most days I just stay inside sitting on my couch the entire day. I don't have any energy to do anything else.
  5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I know how you feel.
  6. when i wake up, i say hell, either off myself right now, or just get up and figure it out later.
  7. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I feel like that most days I either smoke a spliff or sleep till I can't sleep anymore.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Trevor,
    Welcome to the forums!! :hug:

I feel that way a lot..and when I wake not wanting to get up,I usually don't get up, if you're feeling mentally or physically exhausted..listen to your body, leave it rest, chances are you'll be feeling much more energetic the next day :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.