Depression feels like a curse

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by nicesinging1, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. As you guys know, I am from NYC and live very close to Manhattan, one of the busiest place in the world. Whenever I walk around in Manhattan, I sometimes look around people to see just how many people look so happy, full of life and are in love of life. I certainly see some people with gloomy, depressed looks, some people with no facial expressions but many people who are smiling, having fun with friends and seem really energetic and enjoying living life.
    Which makes me wonder, "There are 6.8 billion people in this world. I am like an ant on a football field. Why on earth was I born with depressed brain that affects so many facets of life? It makes my life hell because every day requires herculean efforts. Why can't I just be one of those numerous happy people who love and enjoy life?"
    I want to enjoy life, too like many people in this world. Of course, I want to stand out in my career, date and marry a woman I love, meet interesting people, and be happy and content. I want to fit in to this society.
    I don't deserve any credit for saying this. But I don't smoke, drink, do drugs or have sex. I fought hard to steer clear from those temptations. Yet, I couldn't steer clear from chronic, severe depression.
    Why? What did I do so wrong in current or previous life to deserve this?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think we have to take the cards we are dealt and play the best hand...J

3. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody at all deserves this. If you have a faith, then I'd tell you it's a test of faith. If you don't, all there is to it is that life's a bitch. But when you get through this, you'll appreciate life more than ANY of the people you see walking around. You'll live a fulfilled life, be happier than you ever thought, because you know what it's like to be at the horrible end of things. Just keep on fighting for the day that you'll be happier than them. I know you can't see it, but it is there. You just have to fight for as long as it takes. :hug:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Some of us are born to just live a shit life..It's up to us just how much we are going to take.. I was depressed for years then I got a good paying job and for the first time I was happy.. Then problems at home and the stress at work caused me to have a nervous breakdown.. I lost everything.. Now I am stuck in that depressed stage again..To me having money to do what ever you want helps quite abit... It takes your mind off things..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.