depression from SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the last couple of months ive been feeling ok. no depresion no suicidal thoughts,
no big change has happen to me really just a lil more self confident kinda

but one day i was bored so i decided to hop on the forums to see how everyone was doing

the thing is that i was reading posts and stuff and it made me thing aboout how empty my life really is. reading the thread" should i be this sad over girls" or sumthin like that RREALY got me depressed and made me think about how im most likely going to die old and lonly becuase no girl would get close to me

im worried because i know its really stupid but reading this stuff trigggered old siucidal thoughts about the same ol things

any advice?

Allo..

Yeah it's happened to me too.. just when it starts to happen make yourself get off and not look at anymore posts.. look at pictures or soemthing insted =]

I get that too from time to time...
The thing I do when that happens, is take a break for a day or two, untill I feel strong enough to come back here :)

Jodi

Staff Alumni
I think that is something that happens to many of us, I do like Joe said, take a few days off when it happens....we're always here for ya!!

Yep, it happens to a lot of us on here and like what's already been said it can be good to take a break for a bit. I like SF a lot, but it can get to you and I've recently came back after a break and I feel better for it. If you feel you need a break from the forum but you always find yourself returning you can contact one of the admins and ask to be put "On Leave". I don't know all the details but it stops you from viewing the posts for a few days, you'll need to ask one of the staff about that. Take care of yourself. :hug:

uh huh, i get that A LOT. Best advice would be to stay away if your feeling okay or to stay in the positive parts of the forum ie, the positive emotial part and the gathering, parts like that. If it gets too much you can be put on leave which will mean u have a temporary ban or admins can limit what parts of the forum u can get in to, so u can limit what u get triggered by.

Yep, it happens to a lot of us on here and like what's already been said it can be good to take a break for a bit. I like SF a lot, but it can get to you and I've recently came back after a break and I feel better for it. If you feel you need a break from the forum but you always find yourself returning you can contact one of the admins and ask to be put "On Leave". I don't know all the details but it stops you from viewing the posts for a few days, you'll need to ask one of the staff about that. Take care of yourself. :hug:
^^ true

:grouphug:

TwilightKid

Happens to me alot too but then i just leave this forum... I found it in summer 2005 and didnt join since i was too suicidal at the time and the forum could have provoked even more thoughts about death... But i do understand u and i can relate really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00